User Tag List

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Fangs' progress thread

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpaul View Post
    It's truly amazing.When i first got into working out really hard, it was a 5 day a week event. abs every other day. Anyways i was working at my shop, we were building some shelving. Metal racks, with wooden skid shelves for easier loading and unloading. 4x10' skids, made of 3x3 for the bottom, and 1x4 across the top. Anyways, we were like 15+ feet in the air, and one of these skids got live on me and spun around and decided to come straight for myself and my buddy. he got out of the way somehow, i think he was standing on one of the other forklift skids.

I took the blunt of this in the stomach. Thanks to my hard work and dedication i tensed up and braced for impact, i didnt feel a thing, and i stayed my ground, 15 feet up, standing on this racking. I guarentee that i woulda been knocked off had i just been some joe schmoe.

but i hear what your saying.

Cliffs : I worked out, therefore i didnt fall or get hurt..
    My ab program contributed to saving a few broken bones.. I feel truly blessed

Quote Originally Posted by jmpaul View Post
    It's truly amazing.When i first got into working out really hard, it was a 5 day a week event. abs every other day. Anyways i was working at my shop, we were building some shelving. Metal racks, with wooden skid shelves for easier loading and unloading. 4x10' skids, made of 3x3 for the bottom, and 1x4 across the top. Anyways, we were like 15+ feet in the air, and one of these skids got live on me and spun around and decided to come straight for myself and my buddy. he got out of the way somehow, i think he was standing on one of the other forklift skids.

I took the blunt of this in the stomach. Thanks to my hard work and dedication i tensed up and braced for impact, i didnt feel a thing, and i stayed my ground, 15 feet up, standing on this racking. I guarentee that i woulda been knocked off had i just been some joe schmoe.

but i hear what your saying.

Cliffs : I worked out, therefore i didnt fall or get hurt..
    This is awesome. I historically have bad shoulders (dislocated my left one a few times), so that's part of the reason why I'm trying to build up the muscle around that area so much.

Quote Originally Posted by mustache View Post
    This is my seventh year. I played fullback for a great while and now I rotate between scrumhalf and flyhalf.

Scrum is my position hands down, but I aspire to improve and play fly since I have a sizable boot. Speaking of which, have you had to shoot the boot yet?

On a final note, do you take Jack3d before practice?
    Awesome, you're a lot more experienced than I am. I wish I had gotten into it earlier, but better late than never. And no, I haven't yet. Our first game is September 12, so we'll see what happens then.

I've tried practice both with and without Jack3d, and I definitely notice a difference. I have more energy, and I can keep my intensity at 100% for pretty much the full practice if I've taken it. I wear out faster if I don't take it.

Entense Supporter
    Oh legit. I'm gonna try it tomorrow. FYI when they start singing at the social, don't join in. If at any point you fuck up a song lyric you have to shoot the boot, and if it's the same for your club, they have their nastiest player take off his cleat and they all pour beer in it. You have to chug that beer from that cleat. That pretty much goes for any rule they have. So I'd ask some guy you're in with and see if any of that shit goes down. Good luck to ya! I could be playing for the Detroit Tradesmen or Grand Rapids Gazelles in the near future here. I don't know if they play Iowa but that'd be pretty gnarly.

Oh legit. I'm gonna try it tomorrow. FYI when they start singing at the social, don't join in. If at any point you fuck up a song lyric you have to shoot the boot, and if it's the same for your club, they have their nastiest player take off his cleat and they all pour beer in it. You have to chug that beer from that cleat. That pretty much goes for any rule they have. So I'd ask some guy you're in with and see if any of that shit goes down. Good luck to ya! I could be playing for the Detroit Tradesmen or Grand Rapids Gazelles in the near future here. I don't know if they play Iowa but that'd be pretty gnarly.
    Yeah, lemme know how it goes for you. Yeah, I'm scared about the whole shooting the boot thing. I haven't heard anyone mention it, but maybe it's because they want to surprise me with it. Ugh....

Entense Supporter
    Haha any questions you have about rugby PM me.

I had practice at 5PM EST, I took a scoop and a half before it. Let's just say I had so much fucking energy, not only did I have a solid ass practice for two and a half hours, I had to go to the gym and got a solid lift in AFTER.

This shit is crack for athletes.

I had practice at 5PM EST, I took a scoop and a half before it. Let's just say I had so much fucking energy, not only did I have a solid ass practice for two and a half hours, I had to go to the gym and got a solid lift in AFTER.

It really is. I told you it makes a big difference.

It's overwhelming learning a new sport like this, but I'm doing pretty well. A couple more weeks, and I ought to have this down no problem.

How many scoops are you guys taking? I really want to like this stuff but to me it just doesn't even compare to superpump. I was only taking 1.5 scoops tho...

Quote Originally Posted by J i2 i3 View Post
    How many scoops are you guys taking? I really want to like this stuff but to me it just doesn't even compare to superpump. I was only taking 1.5 scoops tho...
    I started at 1.5, and I felt it quite a bit. I bumped it up to 2 a couple weeks ago, and I feel it like crazy now. I'll probably stick to 2.

Entense Supporter
    Do you play 7s or 15s?

Entense Supporter
    15's currently. love playing 7's in the summer. haven't been able to play the past 2 summers since i've been on a rural island, but nonetheless it caters to faster players like me.

Entense Supporter
    I'm thinking about joining an intramural league, but i don't really know much about rugby, I have a ball and my friends an i play the occasional game of 7's but we don't play positions so the games turn out to be somewhat like 6 year olds playing soccer.
    I think it is really fun to play, more fun than football.

Quote Originally Posted by cowfit View Post
    Do you play 7s or 15s?
    I played 7s all summer, but it's 15s during the fall and spring seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by cowfit View Post
    I'm thinking about joining an intramural league, but i don't really know much about rugby, I have a ball and my friends an i play the occasional game of 7's but we don't play positions so the games turn out to be somewhat like 6 year olds playing soccer.
    I think it is really fun to play, more fun than football.
    Don't be afraid to join even if you've never played before. About 1/3 of our team are all new guys that have never really played before, and we're all learning together. It's just part of the process. You gotta start somewhere.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Fangs404 View Post
    I played 7s all summer, but it's 15s during the fall and spring seasons.

Don't be afraid to join even if you've never played before. About 1/3 of our team are all new guys that have never really played before, and we're all learning together. It's just part of the process. You gotta start somewhere.
    Alright man, thanks for the advice.

I was able to do bench sets of 10 reps of 70lb dumbbells today. I'm really happy. I've never been able to do the plate when benching, so I've been working up to that. Being able to do 70lb sets, I have a feeling my max is probably somewhere around 165 or 170, so I'm really happy about that!

Progress is so awesome.

I benched 170 today! I've never been up this high. Very exciting!

Entense Supporter
    Good job dude, keep it up! 205 is in your sights.

i wanna do 2 plates (225). i think that's just a couple months away which is really exciting. i hit 170 9 times after doing 3 sets at 150, so my 1 rep max is probably close to 200, maybe a little more.

Entense Supporter
    Hey Fangs, progress looks great... I'm a very similar build to you so I was wondering what your diet looks like right now too

My Flickr
    My Gear: 5D MK II, 24 L f/1.4, 50 f/1.4, 70-200 L f/4 580 EX II ||| Gamertag: ryizfly PSN: ryisfly || G's sig generator

Quote Originally Posted by laowai View Post
    Hey Fangs, progress looks great... I'm a very similar build to you so I was wondering what your diet looks like right now too
    I don't have a super strict diet. I've been trying to increase my protein a lot. I eat 1-2 apples with peanut butter a day, I eat a protein bar (http://www.amazon.com/EAS-Myoplex-Nu...=pd_sim_hpc_10) after every workout. Lunch is typically a sandwich (turkey and cheese most recently) and dinner is usually something involving chicken or another meat - a chicken salad, chicken and mashed potatoes and carrots or peas or something, some form of fish (tuna, tilapia, etc). I drink a lot of skim milk (no fat, high protein), water, and some juices. I don't drink carbonated stuff much, and I've backed off of alcohol a lot just because it makes me feel like I've undone a lot of the stuff I worked towards. I eat lean meats (lean turkey, extra lean beef, fish, chicken) when I eat at home.

Really, though, I don't watch my diet closely. I just eat what I like. Every now and then, that's ice cream or a piece of pie or some cookies. It doesn't seem to affect me. The problem for a lot of people isn't so much that they eat a shitload of bad food - it's that they eat a shitload of food. I don't overeat, and that's really the key.

Entense Supporter
    ah, sounds pretty much along the lines as myself then... just makes me feel better. I'm not a big eater either, and I do eat rather healthy. I don't really need to lose any weight (just a little not so hot fat around the abdominal region) but other than that I'm there with you, just a little skinner maybe.

I run like fucking crazy, and I don't want to stop my program so I'll probably never gain any real weight haha

My Flickr
    My Gear: 5D MK II, 24 L f/1.4, 50 f/1.4, 70-200 L f/4 580 EX II ||| Gamertag: ryizfly PSN: ryisfly || G's sig generator