User Tag List

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fangs' progress thread

Man, I feel like a rugby player. My entire body hurts. I've got bruises all over. I played half of today's game on my sprained ankle (with the brace) until I got tackled and kinda tweaked it again, but overall it feels better.

Lifting progress is still being made. Unfortunately, though, I have some definitely forearm tendinitis (some call it forearm splints) that's noticeable on bicep days. It hurts like a motherfucker, but I did some research, and it seems like if I target my forearms more (doing exercises/lifts for them and stretching them more), I think I'll be able to move past it.

My body hates me right now, but I'm pushing through.

Entense Supporter
    Is the pain from the tendonitis on the palm side of your forearm or on top? I've never heard of forearm tendonities, that's why I'm asking lol

it's on the outside of my forearm right along the ulna. i just googled "outside forearm pain" or something, and a bunch of bb.com threads and other things popped up that exactly mirrored what i experience.

Entense Supporter
    Ohhhh... Ya I used to get that pain EVERY SINGLE TIME after I pitched, it's very normal. You need to keep ice on it every 15 minutes and take ibuprofen to bring the swelling down. For now, just go easy on it... do some running too, because that's a big spot for lactic acid to build up which can stunt your gains. Running gets the lactic acid out.

Entense Supporter
    i feel ya, fangs. we took a brutal loss over the weekend. dirtiest game i've ever played in. their scrumhalf was bumping me when i put the ball in our scrums. he hit me late one time, and i usually don't retaliate but after he hit me late i got up and threw a solid bow to his face, caught him above his eye (i'm sure it would have been black if he himself wasn't already black). after that i almost got a red card for choking their 8 man.

it was our scrum, and i went up to get the ball from him, asked him politely and he ripped it away from me. i would have punched him in the face if my finger wasn't already broken so i just put him in a headlock. that started a mini brawl that was broken up quickly.

they got back at me by booting my head when I was on the ground. but all in all, my performance during actual play was great. i am one of maybe 4 people on our team that is in 80 minute shape, and thats why we turned a 12-0 lead halfway through the match to a 22-12 loss. I'm constantly being fed to the lions. are rucks are there, but my team can't chew gum and walk. they build the ruck and kick the ball all over the place, causing me to have to risk the play and my body.

after the match i guess someone noticed i was bleeding from my ears. i was a little out of it, but i took 3 scoops of Jack3d before the match so, meh.

this is the weirdest the game has been for me in awhile because i am one of the only veterans on the team.

Entense Supporter
    Lol, bleeding from the ears is never good...

Quote Originally Posted by mustache View Post
    i feel ya, fangs. we took a brutal loss over the weekend. dirtiest game i've ever played in. their scrumhalf was bumping me when i put the ball in our scrums. he hit me late one time, and i usually don't retaliate but after he hit me late i got up and threw a solid bow to his face, caught him above his eye (i'm sure it would have been black if he himself wasn't already black). after that i almost got a red card for choking their 8 man.

it was our scrum, and i went up to get the ball from him, asked him politely and he ripped it away from me. i would have punched him in the face if my finger wasn't already broken so i just put him in a headlock. that started a mini brawl that was broken up quickly.

they got back at me by booting my head when I was on the ground. but all in all, my performance during actual play was great. i am one of maybe 4 people on our team that is in 80 minute shape, and thats why we turned a 12-0 lead halfway through the match to a 22-12 loss. I'm constantly being fed to the lions. are rucks are there, but my team can't chew gum and walk. they build the ruck and kick the ball all over the place, causing me to have to risk the play and my body.

after the match i guess someone noticed i was bleeding from my ears. i was a little out of it, but i took 3 scoops of Jack3d before the match so, meh.

this is the weirdest the game has been for me in awhile because i am one of the only veterans on the team.
    It sounds like you guys are where we are, actually. We have a shitload of new guys (me included), so play is sloppy. It's not too dirty for the most part, but I tackled a guy yesterday by grabbing the back of his shirt collar up high and yanking him down to the ground. It was really dirty because it basically choked him, but had I not done that, they would've scored. I almost got yellow carded for that, but the ref knows I'm new, so he just told me not to do it again. Our rucks (when we ruck) are usually pretty clean, but Jesus, our defense on Sunday was fucking awful.

We're better conditioned and faster than most of the teams we play, but we're all so new that everything is sloppy, and it's just a mess. This season isn't going to be very good for us, but we're young, and in a season or 2 once we can work together, I think we're gonna do pretty damn well.

Entense Supporter
    yeah i'm just trying to stay healthy and build my stock up for Grand Rapids

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mustache View Post

Jack3d before a game lol...

Just hit up a rugby practice for the first time, guess we have a legit club in Naples. Anyway really enjoyed it, might be hitting up the field soon enough.

Entense Supporter
    What's wrong with Jack3d before a game? Countless amounts of athletes take a preworkout supplement before a game.

Helps with your muscle endurance. Sometimes, after a long season, your body just wants to quit on you.

Just as important as postgame shakes or protein to aid in recovery.
    http://forums.entensity.net/signaturepics/sigpic18811_1.gif
    1235 lbs.

Man, I just got back from a workout after taking Jack3d for the first time in a week (I was cycling off it last week). Holy balls, the difference is amazing. It's not something I really feel, per se, but I just wanna keep going and doing heavier weights and more sets. I feel great.

Entense Supporter
    Keep it up dude, good job. It's such a fucking surge after you get back on your preworkout supplement after cycling off; I love it.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    What's wrong with Jack3d before a game? Countless amounts of athletes take a preworkout supplement before a game.
    Personally it's just something that is a little unnecessary. I'm all for some caffeine before or some sort of preworkout just 3 scoops of jack3d which is a little bit of a harder core pre supplement for working out seems like a bad idea if your going to running around for 50(?) minutes. Also depends on your tolerance but yah, crack is bad lol...

I make sure to get a after-workout after hard events as well, like a protein mix.

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    Personally it's just something that is a little unnecessary. I'm all for some caffeine before or some sort of preworkout just 3 scoops of jack3d which is a little bit of a harder core pre supplement for working out seems like a bad idea if your going to running around for 50(?) minutes. Also depends on your tolerance but yah, crack is bad lol...

I make sure to get a after-workout after hard events as well, like a protein mix.
    If you play a really physical game, it'll really help you last the entire game. It's a lot harder to keep going 100% without it for the entire game.

Entense Supporter

1. I need some comma's dude.. reading that was brutal lol.

2. Rugby is not just "running around" at all dude. It could actually be seen as a type of HIIT. Rugby players are constantly jogging, walking, and sprinting real fuckin hard for 80 minutes. Not to mention that fact that most of them are getting the shit kicked out of themselves trying to score. Jack3d is a stimulant so it give rugby players (or any type of athlete for that matter) the extra needed boost they need to stay on top of their game.
    Last edited by Blade; 10/05/2010 at 9:14 pm.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    1. I need some comma's dude.. reading that was brutal lol.

2. Rugby is not just "running around" at all dude. It could actually be seen as a type of HIIT. Rugby players are constantly jogging, walking, and sprinting real fuckin hard for 80 minutes. Not to mention that fact that most of them are getting the shit kicked out of themselves trying to score. Jack3d is a stimulant so it give rugby players (or any type of athlete for that matter) the extra needed boost they need to stay on top of their game.
    lol that sentence was pretty epic. Yah it's true I probably shouldn't hate on jack3d I will probably end up using it, almost did a few weeks ago actually. This also might have to do with some dissatisfaction with some other pre-workouts that I have bought before. But I was just saying it might have had something to do with the blood coming out of his ears...

Entense Supporter
    lol that sentence was pretty epic. Yah it's true I probably shouldn't hate on jack3d I will probably end up using it, almost did a few weeks ago actually. This also might have to do with some dissatisfaction with some other pre-workouts that I have bought before. But I was just saying it might have had something to do with the blood coming out of his ears...
    Try out different preworkouts. Bodybuilding.com has samples you can try for free, and GNC also has singles packets of some different supplements you can buy for like $2.

I ordered a 5lb tub of ON 100% Whey double chocolate and a shaker, and it arrived yesterday. I just tried it for the first time (mixed with some milk), and it tastes fucking awesome. I've been eating protein bars after every workout, but this has 9g more protein per serving. What's not to love about chocolate milk? I get my whey and casein all in one fell swoop.

Entense Supporter
    Glad you like it. I just go the same thing a few days ago myself.