User Tag List

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fangs' progress thread

Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    Fangs mannnn.. you gotta eat moreee to see some better results lol Looks good though, I can see some more chest definition and your back is a little more define in the upper LAT area. Keep it up!
    I'm trying! My metabolism sucks for gaining weight. I have literally gained no weight since I started lifting. I've shedded fat and added a lot of muscle, but my weight has maybe increased 5 lbs. I feel like I eat constantly too. Ughhhhhhh

you aren't eating enough. try adding a half gallon of 2% on top of what you're eating now and then tell me you can't gain weight.
    - 1025 lb

drink milk like it's our job crew

Quote Originally Posted by coldeye View Post
    you aren't eating enough. try adding a half gallon of 2% on top of what you're eating now and then tell me you can't gain weight.
    i drink 1/3 a gallon of skim every day. i can't drink anything heavier than skim. that shit's like motor oil. i think i'll start including half a cheesecake into every dinner.

for serious, though, i eat a lot of peanut butter and chicken and fruit and bread and stuff. i eat well, and i'm full after every meal. one of these days, i'll actually calculate how many calories i'm intaking because it must be right at or slightly less than what i'm burning.

the easiest way to put it: "there is no such thing as a hardgainer, only an undereater". I recently overhead a conversation in the gym the other day where the guys were talking about how they were having trouble gaining weight. One of the guys weighed maybe 150 soaking wet and made a comment along the lines of "I haven't been able to gain weight in the last 2 years". He then followed that with a comment about how he's been "hitting the Syntha-6 hard" or some bull like that, as if the protein powder was the magic key to gain weight. I know you likely don't believe that, but I think it's indicative of the mindset a lot of people get themselves into. They claim they eat like horses and then will list all of the supplements they take and the amount of times they lift a week or some other useless fact. But I can guarantee you they are eating way less food than they need to be.

I firmly believe the hardest part of trying to pack on muscle is eating enough food. Heavy lifting is only 90 minutes of physical dedication, heavy eating is hours and hours of mental dedication. There have been plenty of times where I've stuffed myself almost to the point of throwing up just so I can get enough calories in for the day; it sounds unhealthy but it's not far from the truth (the munchies play a significant role in this too ). Whenever people ask me how I gained weight or "what I did", I just tell them I sat down and stuffed my face six times a day, every day for a long time.

Sorry that might have rambled on, the bottom line is you aren't eating enough
    Last edited by coldeye; 11/13/2010 at 7:49 pm.
    - 1025 lb

drink milk like it's our job crew

i definitely agree with you. talking with blade, i realized that i typically intake 2-4 meals a day. i eat a shitload of peanut butter basically every day, a protein shake (with skim milk, not water) after every workout, and some form of meat (often chicken) at every dinner. i definitely know protein shakes alone aren't gonna do the trick, so i try to spread out my protein throughout the day.

i need to start doing protein shakes before bed (in fact, i'll start tonight), and blade suggested upping my carbs, so i'm gonna do more pasta and grains. i usually eat sandwiches at lunch, so i get some bread there.

for whatever reason, i'm just not a naturally hungry person all the time, so i don't have the craving to eat a shitload like some people do. i think i just need to consciously work on it.

thanks for the advice guys. i definitely know you're right about eating more.

awesome progress man!

seriously though you should really consider a body groom hahaha http://www.walmart.com/ip/Philips-No...i_sku=10780586

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Kyle View Post
    awesome progress man!

seriously though you should really consider a body groom hahaha http://www.walmart.com/ip/Philips-No...i_sku=10780586
    I love my manly hairy chest! But seriously, I've actually been considering getting one of these just to see what I look like without hair. I know it'll show the definition off better. Hm....

So as it turns out, I'm gonna have to have ankle surgery. It's scheduled for December 8. It blows because I'm gonna have to cancel my snowboarding trip to Colorado, but at least my ankle will finally work again. I'm sick of not being able to run or do any sort of impact movement without it killing me.

The Fucking King! HellBound1987's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fangs404 View Post
    for whatever reason, i'm just not a naturally hungry person all the time, so i don't have the craving to eat a shitload like some people do. i think i just need to consciously work on it.
    I'm the same, I love eating but I'm just not hungry most of the time. I've been switching products for whole wheat wherever possible but eating enough is without doubt the hardest part of training.

Sorry to hear about the surgery, missing boarding sucks bigtime. I hope all goes well with your surgery.

Entense Supporter
    So as it turns out, I'm gonna have to have ankle surgery. It's scheduled for December 8. It blows because I'm gonna have to cancel my snowboarding trip to Colorado, but at least my ankle will finally work again. I'm sick of not being able to run or do any sort of impact movement without it killing me.
    Shit dude, I hope it heals quick. That's so shitty. The physical therapy is going to kill you, just a heads up. All ankle injuries have terribly painful PT lol

What's up doc??
    Entense Supporter
    Even if you didn't have the surgery scheduled for that date...would you have been able to snowboard with a busted ankle? Hope all goes well

Thanks guys. And nah, you're right Bugsy, I don't think I could've snowboarded. Well, I probably could've, but it would've been really painful, and I don't wanna spend $600 or $700 on a snowboarding trip that would just leave me in constant pain. Not looking forward to the PT. UGH
    Last edited by Dr. Fangs404; 11/16/2010 at 8:37 pm.

So I decided to take Cowboy Kyle's advice and try shaving my chest for the first time in my life. HOLY FUCK. I actually have pecs! In fact, my whole upper body looks pretty damn nice if I do say so myself! I had no idea the difference in definition this would make.

And that Norelco bodygroom is fucking awesome. I'd highly recommend it. I wound up getting the higher end one (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0037HP9OA) because I didn't wanna deal with changing attachments, and I'm happy I did. The trimmer worked great, and the shaver worked equally well.

I'll have to take some new pictures soon.

Entense Supporter
    nice work fangs, how much lbs are you up so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Impact View Post
    nice work fangs, how much lbs are you up so far?
    My weight? 175.

Entense Supporter
    Good stuff man. Sorry about your ankle, I'm guessing that it's tomorrow so good freaking luck! I've sprained both my ankles a ton of times but I've never had anything serious though they still bother me sometimes, like in rugby. Which I've really taken to lately, it's so much fun.

I guess I'm gonna have to jump on board with the eating thing, even though I feel like I eat a lot I need to get more consistent and a better planned diet. Let me know what works for you even though it might be awhile till you get back on the training train. How long is the recovery looking like?

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    Good stuff man. Sorry about your ankle, I'm guessing that it's tomorrow so good freaking luck! I've sprained both my ankles a ton of times but I've never had anything serious though they still bother me sometimes, like in rugby. Which I've really taken to lately, it's so much fun.

I guess I'm gonna have to jump on board with the eating thing, even though I feel like I eat a lot I need to get more consistent and a better planned diet. Let me know what works for you even though it might be awhile till you get back on the training train. How long is the recovery looking like?
    Thanks man! I actually just got back from a pre-op appointment with the doctor. He actually discovered in the MRI that I have a messed up ligament due to a chunk of bone that broke off, so he's gotta fix that tomorrow too.

The recovery period really won't be that bad. I'll be in a boot and on crutches for about a week, but I ought to be able to walk alright after that. I should be able to run again after about 2 months, maybe a little longer. No PT thank god, so I'm happy about that. I'm just excited to be able to run 100% again. I was 100% for exactly 1 rugby game this season (the first game), and because I was still new, and it was the first game, I only got about 15 mins of game time and didn't even get to touch the ball. I gotta show these motherfuckers how to run!

If your ankles bug you, you ought to look into getting a brace just for support. http://www.amazon.com/ASO-Ankle-Stab...dp/B000TGYI6C/ is the one I have, and the support it provides is excellent. I mean it's basically impossible to roll your ankle with it on. I'll probably continue wearing it for pretty much all my rugby practices/games in the future to prevent future injury.

Well, if there's one good thing to be said about surgery it's that I'm just sitting around eating constantly. Maybe I'll actually put on some weight!

Entense Supporter
    Hahah.. keep puttin down the calories man.

nice work Fangs! i've been trying to gain some weight too. Been drinking Weight gainer protein shakes before bed but I find I wake up with stomach pain and have to run to the bathroom and shit.

I stopped doing that because I wasn't sleeping good because of it. Maybe you will have a better experience than me.

Best of luck in your surgery. 100% Recovery in no time