User Tag List

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fangs' progress thread

Fangs' progress thread

8/24/10

I was talking to Blade, and he convinced me to post some pictures. I wish I had taken pictures before I started working out, but this will be my baseline.

HELL YEAH WOLF POSTER

I'm 6'1", and last time I weighed myself (last week sometime), I came in at 172lbs.

I started lifting (regularly) back at the tail-end of May. I've been hitting the gym 3-4 times a week, and I have rugby practice twice a week. Because of the amount of cardio I get at rugby (TTH), I don't typically do cardio at the gym. Gym days (MWF and sometimes S or Su) are typically just for lifting. I've been going on bike rides (10-15mi) the past few Sundays, too, so there's also that.

I'm actually really happy I made this thread. I had no idea how defined my back was until I just took these pictures. I've been hitting it really hard (yeah rear delt fly), and it's exciting to see it paying off.

I've made a lot of progress, but I have a ways to go. I've never really had a strong or defined chest, so that's definitely a goal. I stick primarily to dumbbell bench press (I'm at 65lb dumbbells), and I'm making progress fast. My abs are getting there, too. I work them hard every time I'm in the gym. There's definitely a strong 6-pack there, but I've gotta shave off a little fat for it to become a little more noticeable. My arms are bigger than they've ever been, and I'm really happy about that.

My legs kick ass. I may take pictures of them later. I did 15 reps at 470 lbs on the hack squat machine after doing 3 other sets. I do sets of 10 reps of standing calf raises at 230lbs. My hamstrings aren't quite as strong, but I'm working on them. A few years back, I was able to leg press 1000lbs 3 times, so I'm getting back there.

Goals:
    - Have a more well-defined chest.
    - Have more well-defined abs.
    - I'd like to add about 10 lbs of muscle so that I don't get my ass completely handed to me this season in rugby. The first game is in 3 weeks, so I have a little more time to keep working at it.

I'll post more pictures in a few weeks or maybe a month to see the difference.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11/11/10

It's hard to see in the first picture, but my chest actually has definition now. You can see the outline when I'm wearing a tight shirt which is pretty BA. I've been doing a lot of shrugs and lat pulls, so there's more definition in my lats and traps than before. Visual progress is really exciting!
    Last edited by Dr. Fangs404; 11/11/2010 at 6:52 pm.

Entense Supporter

Cum everywhere, send help

Here's another of my back.

Now, realize that these are taken in a mirror. I'm taking the picture with my left hand. All of the images in the thread are mirror images (so the 2nd image where it looks like I'm taking the picture with my right hand and showing my left tricep - I'm actually taking the picture with my left hand and showing my right tricep). Kinda confusing.

It looks like my right side is a little more developed than my left side. I'm trying to fix that by using dumbbells almost exclusively so that I can make sure each side is the same strength. I can definitely tell a difference in the strength of my left arm since I started working out, though, so I'm happy about that.
    Last edited by Dr. Fangs404; 8/24/2010 at 4:00 pm.

Entense Supporter
    Ya man you're gettin there. I see most of your definition in your shoulder, although you back looks good too.

I'm IMing you right now about this but I'll post it anyway, you should work on your traps a bit more if you're looking at the cosmetic side of things.

Also, keep workin that chest. It'll get there.

Wait until three months from now when you post your next set of pictures and you'll see how much progress you've made.

LONE WOLF

ROOF

Buffest computer science graduate I've seen

Quote Originally Posted by CroCop View Post
    hes a god damn legend, you shut your gypsy mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Zoxygen View Post
    LONE WOLF
    Buffest computer science graduate I've seen
    ditto. extra points for any engineer. damn.

Thanks guys! This has been a really exciting process. I've learned a whole lot, and I love that I can see the progress I've made. My only regret is that I didn't start working out regularly earlier, but at least I started now.

fangs, both sides are developed equally. even something as small as one hand is a fist and one isnt, and one arm is more behind your head than the other can make your muscles seem asymmetric. thats why bodybuilders work on poses so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    fangs, both sides are developed equally. even something as small as one hand is a fist and one isnt, and one arm is more behind your head than the other can make your muscles seem asymmetric. thats why bodybuilders work on poses so much.
    Thanks man. Everyone has a side that's stronger (well, unless you work out regularly to ensure that's not the case), and my right side was the stronger side. I've been working consciously to make sure I get an even workout on both sides, and I feel I've done a good job. After taking a better look, I think you're right - it's probably just how I'm posing.

good work. its nice to see that the lifestyle subforum is becoming a popular one
    totes gay

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpaul View Post
    good work. its nice to see that the lifestyle subforum is becoming a popular one
    Closing in on 1000 threads

Quote Originally Posted by jmpaul View Post
    Thanks man. I'm glad, too.

Entense Supporter
    shoulda done p90x

Entense Supporter
    ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
    Quote Originally Posted by uskrewed View Post

Cum everywhere, send help
    i fucking laughed out loud

good job fangs, i see that playing tf2 has really paid off for you
    visit the official EF Minecraft website @ http://efcraft.net
    SERVER ADDRESS HAS CHANGED! PLEASE CONNECT TO: play.efcraft.net

shit where did all your hair go

3DS FC: 1349-7222-3453

Quote Originally Posted by dork View Post
    shoulda done p90x
    I know you're joking, but I actually have p90x, and I've done the ab one (it's pretty good). I just like getting into the gym and lifting weights and being around other people. There are inevitably guys that are like 400 times bigger than you at the gym, and seeing those guys really helps me push myself.

Quote Originally Posted by happycat View Post
    i fucking laughed out loud

good job fangs, i see that playing tf2 has really paid off for you
    You should see my finger and wrist muscles!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind View Post
    shit where did all your hair go
    To my chest.

I keep it short for rugby now.

Entense Supporter
    how is rugby going? i'm brett favre-ing my team right now. last semester at school, told them i couldn't play, but i live with the guy that replaced me as backs captain. cant make but one practice a week due to school, but i have friday and saturday clear and if you haven't learned by now saturday's a rugby day, fangsrick von steuben.

Quote Originally Posted by mustache View Post
    how is rugby going? i'm brett favre-ing my team right now. last semester at school, told them i couldn't play, but i live with the guy that replaced me as backs captain. cant make but one practice a week due to school, but i have friday and saturday clear and if you haven't learned by now saturday's a rugby day, fangsrick von steuben.
    It's awesome. Man, the cardio from rugby is unlike anything. I love it. I'm a wing, so all I do is sprint pretty much (which is what I'm good at anyway). Considering I had never even touched a rugby ball until about 2 months ago, I'm doing pretty damn well. I can't throw the ball to my right too well (I'm right handed), but I'm working on it. What an awesome sport, though. All of a sudden, I magically picked up like 20 new friends. It's great. Also, I've learned I can take a hit no problem (I think all the working out recently has helped), but I have no fucking clue how to tackle someone else haha. That's a skill I don't have.

How long have you been playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Fangs404 View Post
    It's awesome. Man, the cardio from rugby is unlike anything. I love it. I'm a wing, so all I do is sprint pretty much (which is what I'm good at anyway). Considering I had never even touched a rugby ball until about 2 months ago, I'm doing pretty damn well. I can't throw the ball to my right too well (I'm right handed), but I'm working on it. What an awesome sport, though. All of a sudden, I magically picked up like 20 new friends. It's great. Also, I've learned I can take a hit no problem (I think all the working out recently has helped), but I have no fucking clue how to tackle someone else haha. That's a skill I don't have.

It's truly amazing.When i first got into working out really hard, it was a 5 day a week event. abs every other day. Anyways i was working at my shop, we were building some shelving. Metal racks, with wooden skid shelves for easier loading and unloading. 4x10' skids, made of 3x3 for the bottom, and 1x4 across the top. Anyways, we were like 15+ feet in the air, and one of these skids got live on me and spun around and decided to come straight for myself and my buddy. he got out of the way somehow, i think he was standing on one of the other forklift skids.

I took the blunt of this in the stomach. Thanks to my hard work and dedication i tensed up and braced for impact, i didnt feel a thing, and i stayed my ground, 15 feet up, standing on this racking. I guarentee that i woulda been knocked off had i just been some joe schmoe.

but i hear what your saying.

Cliffs : I worked out, therefore i didnt fall or get hurt..
    totes gay

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Fangs404 View Post

This is my seventh year. I played fullback for a great while and now I rotate between scrumhalf and flyhalf.

Scrum is my position hands down, but I aspire to improve and play fly since I have a sizable boot. Speaking of which, have you had to shoot the boot yet?

On a final note, do you take Jack3d before practice?