User Tag List

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: laowai 5dii/365

Entense Supporter
    hey man, I just use CS5... really haven't had any issues with it so I just kept using it. I have to adjust a bit every now and then but all in all it works out well

52/365

My Flickr
    My Gear: 5D MK II, 24 L f/1.4, 50 f/1.4, 70-200 L f/4 580 EX II ||| Gamertag: ryizfly PSN: ryisfly || G's sig generator

Entense Supporter
    53/365

My Flickr
    My Gear: 5D MK II, 24 L f/1.4, 50 f/1.4, 70-200 L f/4 580 EX II ||| Gamertag: ryizfly PSN: ryisfly || G's sig generator

Entense Supporter
    54/365

55/365
    From Downtooowwn

56/365

57/365
    Hurley helps me pack

58/365
    Sun sets on Hawaii... I am in my final hours here... I can't believe it's time for me to leave. I'll be back in a year but it's hard to leave such an awesome place for any time frame.

My Flickr

really diggin this thread

when are you moving to monterey? I'll take u to some sweet spots to shoot around santa cruz to shoot/surf if you help me out with some photography tips

Entense Supporter
    This thread is beautiful, yet sad for me. I grew up on Pupukea and was just another loc (no pak) at Sunset, Rock piles and velzy before I moved over to the central coast of CA (pretty much where you are headed) for a job offer. At least you're going to be somewhat close to an L&L!

You'll get used to the water. I did. Just try to think of it as a January day on the chore with the wind blowing and you have no spring/2m on. It'll help on the long haul but it definitely won't get rid of the ice cream headaches you get after your first duck dive.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepjump View Post
    really diggin this thread

when are you moving to monterey? I'll take u to some sweet spots to shoot around santa cruz to shoot/surf if you help me out with some photography tips
    thanks man

I actually just got here, I literally meant "final hours" when I posted that. That was right before my pre flight nap haha

I'm always down for some photo excursions man... I'm hoping business stuff doesn't distract me from my personal/creative portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by slocal View Post
    This thread is beautiful, yet sad for me. I grew up on Pupukea and was just another loc (no pak) at Sunset, Rock piles and velzy before I moved over to the central coast of CA (pretty much where you are headed) for a job offer. At least you're going to be somewhat close to an L&L!

You'll get used to the water. I did. Just try to think of it as a January day on the chore with the wind blowing and you have no spring/2m on. It'll help on the long haul but it definitely won't get rid of the ice cream headaches you get after your first duck dive.
    I know what you mean! Hawaii, is awesome... I just, I can't wait to go back haha. At least I'm 90% sure I'm going right back so it's not too bad. It was extremely emotional for me leaving the island

I did bring my surf board and I'm definitely interested to try out the surf here. Monterey should be a cool photo year for me... hopefully it will yield some great developments for me. I have some major things lined for me photographically back in Hawaii though so I'm VERY anxious to get back and start handling that shit

Next step for me when I return is definitely going to be more artist shoots as well investing in the water housing and starting surf photography

I probably won't be posting any pics for a bit... I hate processing on my gf's shitty ass laptop and my computer probably won't be here for a couple weeks. I actually need to reexport two of the pics from the last post b/c I didn't notice but something seems off with the export settings based off of image quality.

My Flickr

Entense Supporter
    59/365

60/365

61/365

62/365

63/365

64/365
    Hurley makes a new friend

65/365

My Flickr

This is one of the best 365's ive seen. You been shooting for a while?

Entense Supporter
    about 5 years

I've always been involved with art though

My Flickr

very cool stuff. I look forward to this being a life long hobby. I'm taking digital photography here at the U next semester.

Anyways, I'm going to Kauai over winter break with the fam, do you know any good spots for me to hit up?
    Last edited by tyb0b; 11/08/2010 at 12:11 am.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by tyb0b View Post
    very cool stuff. I look forward to this being a life long hobby. I'm taking digital photography here at the U next semester.

Anyways, I'm going to Kauai over winter break with the fam, do you know any good spots for me to hit up?
    Yes! I'll brief you on some info when I get a chance. Still in the moving process so I'm lucky to even find the internet when I can, not to mention most of my browsing lately has been done using my phone lol

Kauai is awesome (but I'll say that about all the islands), there is definitely a few musts so I'll get you some info on that

My Flickr

queensbridge rawb deep :l r a w b's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    you gotta give me some info on honolulu if you can! i'm staying there for a week in january with one of my friends. all i plan on doing is surfing, partying, and taking pictures. have you done a lot of shooting over there?

i'll pm you when my trip gets close

Quote Originally Posted by laowai View Post
    Yes! I'll brief you on some info when I get a chance. Still in the moving process so I'm lucky to even find the internet when I can, not to mention most of my browsing lately has been done using my phone lol

Kauai is awesome (but I'll say that about all the islands), there is definitely a few musts so I'll get you some info on that
    awesome.

Entense Supporter
    66/365

67/365
    The force can be with you...
    for about $495

68/365

69/365

70/365

71/365

72/365

My Flickr

omg seagull is so epic. hi res?
    Originally posted by Nok
    guys give him a break he goes to art school

Entense Supporter
    CAN YOU HANDLE THIS?

My Flickr

handled

Originally posted by Nok
    guys give him a break he goes to art school

Entense Supporter
    Yes! That's awesome

My Flickr

dude, I love this pic, great pp, and just a cool area. I thought you were inside some old factory when I first looked, then I realized it was water and not concrete. Very cool.

That is one of my favorites too. What kinda of post- processing do you do to make it look like this? So many of your photos have some amazing/unique looks to them. I need to learn ps/lr ASAP.

edit: ps. I'm still relatively new to the hobby. Not sure if asking what you did in post-processing is proper "photography etiquette". I suppose it's like a magicians magic trick, maybe?
    Last edited by tyb0b; 11/29/2010 at 4:36 am.