User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 83

Thread: this is why I sleep with a loaded gun on my nightstand

  1. #41
    I have lots of Seniority Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    No Funswick, Canada
    Age
    30
    Posts
    41,043
    Points
    2 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyght View Post
    The guy who sold me my G22 gave me some advice regarding home invasion. He told me to
    mount a holster on the back of the bed rail or on in the beside table where I can retrieve the
    gun at a moments notice. I told my daughters that if they hear anyone in the house late at night
    or see anyone other than me to get under the bed and wait for me to call them out by name.

    The most important thing he told me was that once the person has left your home not to pursue,
    but if you did not shoot him in the house to fire off shots, as safe as possible, in his direction without
    hitting him for the scare factor.

    At the range i'll usually do 2-3 mags at a real slow fire rate, and 1 mag at an incremented rate ending
    with 5 round burst.
    I would NEVER fire even a single round without knowing exactly where it's going. 100% round accountability, people.

  2. #42
    :homos: Sodo's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    55427
    Age
    31
    Posts
    26,216
    Points
    29 (3,258,988 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by sissy ass school girl bitch View Post
    dude i know nothing about your marksmanship, but even then i am certain you will miss his head unless by accident.

    there's a reason that people far more experienced than you shoot for "center mass."
    aim for heart, got it.

  3. #43
    Forrest Griffin Jr. suicidal's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Vancouver
    Age
    33
    Posts
    74,689
    Points
    1,827 (30,798,086 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyght View Post
    The guy who sold me my G22 gave me some advice regarding home invasion. He told me to
    mount a holster on the back of the bed rail or on in the beside table where I can retrieve the
    gun at a moments notice. I told my daughters that if they hear anyone in the house late at night
    or see anyone other than me to get under the bed and wait for me to call them out by name.

    The most important thing he told me was that once the person has left your home not to pursue,
    but if you did not shoot him in the house to fire off shots, as safe as possible, in his direction without
    hitting him for the scare factor.

    At the range i'll usually do 2-3 mags at a real slow fire rate, and 1 mag at an incremented rate ending
    with 5 round burst.
    i read what you said wrong, but warning shots are fucking retarded and kill no one but innocents.

    Quote Originally Posted by uskrewed View Post
    aim for heart, got it.
    ... come on man

    just put a couple rounds in his belly or chest, anywhere big and easy to hit. put them in there at a fast enough rate, taptap, and the trauma alone will kill him. doesn't matter if you hit his heart. just put him into shock and he'll be done far before anyone gets there to help him.
    Last edited by suicidal; 9/16/2010 at 12:43 am.

  4. #44
    mod abuse 24/7 Dr. Fangs404's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Los Alamos, NM
    Age
    32
    Posts
    23,780
    Points
    950,301 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyght View Post
    The guy who sold me my G22 gave me some advice regarding home invasion. He told me to
    mount a holster on the back of the bed rail or on in the beside table where I can retrieve the
    gun at a moments notice. I told my daughters that if they hear anyone in the house late at night
    or see anyone other than me to get under the bed and wait for me to call them out by name.

    The most important thing he told me was that once the person has left your home not to pursue,
    but if you did not shoot him in the house to fire off shots, as safe as possible, in his direction without
    hitting him for the scare factor.

    At the range i'll usually do 2-3 mags at a real slow fire rate, and 1 mag at an incremented rate ending
    with 5 round burst.
    You never ever ever ever ever fire off warning shots. NEVER! This is one of the first things you'll learn in a safety or CHL course. Unless you're shooting at someone or something that you want dead and blasted to smithereens, you shouldn't be pulling the trigger.

  5. #45
    :homos: Sodo's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    55427
    Age
    31
    Posts
    26,216
    Points
    29 (3,258,988 Banked)
    Also how old are your daughters that they won't touch a gun just hanging out on the bed rail?...

  6. #46
    Grand-High Poster dr. ten's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Nashville
    Age
    34
    Posts
    15,540
    Points
    2,325 (3,468,812 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by keiNguterName View Post
    usa sounds fucked up.

    never moving there.
    Better idea would be to not break into houses.

  7. #47
    Forrest Griffin Jr. suicidal's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Vancouver
    Age
    33
    Posts
    74,689
    Points
    1,827 (30,798,086 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by ten View Post
    Better idea would be to not break into houses.
    also don't walk past nyght's or uskrewed's houses. gotta watch out for those stray rounds.

  8. #48
    :homos: Sodo's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    55427
    Age
    31
    Posts
    26,216
    Points
    29 (3,258,988 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by sissy ass school girl bitch View Post
    also don't walk past nyght's or uskrewed's houses. gotta watch out for those stray rounds.
    lol I don't own a gun, I'm weary of owning one because I'm afraid I'll hurt someone I shouldn't or my kids will get a hold of it. I'm putting off owning one until I'm adept in using one.

  9. #49
    Forrest Griffin Jr. suicidal's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Vancouver
    Age
    33
    Posts
    74,689
    Points
    1,827 (30,798,086 Banked)
    just take some safety classes and you'll learn all this shit we're judging you for

  10. #50
    I have lots of Seniority Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    No Funswick, Canada
    Age
    30
    Posts
    41,043
    Points
    2 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by uskrewed View Post
    lol I don't own a gun, I'm weary of owning one because I'm afraid I'll hurt someone I shouldn't or my kids will get a hold of it. I'm putting off owning one until I'm adept in using one.
    Good. Don't buy one because you clearly lack any common sense when it comes to a deadly weapon.

    Just leave a baseball bat by your bed.

  11. #51
    Forrest Griffin Jr. suicidal's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Vancouver
    Age
    33
    Posts
    74,689
    Points
    1,827 (30,798,086 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Good. Don't buy one because you clearly lack any common sense when it comes to a deadly weapon.

    Just leave a baseball bat by your bed.
    i have an e-tool haha

  12. #52
    I have lots of Seniority Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    No Funswick, Canada
    Age
    30
    Posts
    41,043
    Points
    2 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by sissy ass school girl bitch View Post
    i have an e-tool haha
    I've had my restricted gun license for 5 years now and I still don't have a gun. By my beg I have an ASP extendable baton and a SOG knife somewhere in my dresser.

  13. #53
    Forrest Griffin Jr. suicidal's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Vancouver
    Age
    33
    Posts
    74,689
    Points
    1,827 (30,798,086 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    I've had my restricted gun license for 5 years now and I still don't have a gun. By my beg I have an ASP extendable baton and a SOG knife somewhere in my dresser.
    i have my restricted too, but we still can't have a loaded handgun anywhere in the house.

    or any loaded gun whatsoever.

  14. #54
    :motorcycle: usARMY11c's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    LAs Vegas
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,770
    Points
    7 (27,094 Banked)
    What is a restricted gun license?

  15. #55
    Forrest Griffin Jr. suicidal's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Vancouver
    Age
    33
    Posts
    74,689
    Points
    1,827 (30,798,086 Banked)
    certain rifles and shotguns, and all hand guns.

  16. #56
    Bad-ass Member guts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    667
    Points
    84 (439,010 Banked)
    The first rule of guns: If you ever point a gun at someone, you better be prepared to kill (not injure) them. Best case scenario would be to injure them because taking a life should always be a last resort. That being said, it is very likely that you will kill the guy you're shooting so take that into consideration before you ever point a weapon at anyone.

    Sorry about your friend Fangs. Hope he gets better soon.

  17. #57
    Holy shit I rule! psilocybin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    International Waters
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,041
    Points
    107 (0 Banked)
    I sleep with a knife. I wish my area wasn't so strict with gun laws.

  18. #58
    Someone posts A LOT chigger2508's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    texas tech
    Posts
    2,435
    Points
    3 (0 Banked)
    i have a shotgun behind my door with 2 rounds in it, none in the chamber. hearing a shotgun pump in a shell is one of the scraiest things, someone hears it i guarantee they jet...

    i walked into my buddies house one night when him and his girl were sleeping (had a key to the front door), and go to the garage and open it and about 10 seconds later i hear *click click* shoutgun sound and i flipped out. its scary as shit



  19. #59
    I have lots of Seniority Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    No Funswick, Canada
    Age
    30
    Posts
    41,043
    Points
    2 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by chigger2508 View Post
    i have a shotgun behind my door with 2 rounds in it, none in the chamber. hearing a shotgun pump in a shell is one of the scraiest things, someone hears it i guarantee they jet...

    i walked into my buddies house one night when him and his girl were sleeping (had a key to the front door), and go to the garage and open it and about 10 seconds later i hear *click click* shoutgun sound and i flipped out. its scary as shit
    some survey i read ages ago said the sound of a shotgun cocking is the most recognizable sound in the world

  20. #60
    :motorcycle: usARMY11c's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    LAs Vegas
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,770
    Points
    7 (27,094 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    some survey i read ages ago said the sound of a shotgun cocking is the most recognizable sound in the world
    Pretty much any sound of a gun cocking is a universal sound, but yeah the shotgun is really recognizable

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •