User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I really dont understand why

I really dont understand why

Ben Roethlisberger was suspended. I know this has probably been talked about, but after this "appeal" and got his suspension shortened by 2 games i am really dumbfounded why he was suspended.

He was only accused, not convicted.. So to get any NFL player suspended all i have to do is cry rape and not actually go to trial??

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish" - Albert Einstein

Entensity Vet
    because it's the second time in two years someone accused him of sexual assault, it's misconduct, it looks bad on him, his team, and the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnie View Post
    because it's the second time in two years someone accused him of sexual assault, it's misconduct, it looks bad on him, his team, and the league.
    So what? You are saying since it is his second time of being accused = he is guilty and should be suspended?

Ultimately he is being punished for nothing and i do not agree at all.

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish" - Albert Einstein

I agree, but I think there might be a lawsuit still out on his rape accusation. I hate all this shit with the NFl/NCAA being guilty until proven innocent.

Daily Dose of Vitamin Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Shitrus's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    In a sewer with my hamster pal, but the sanitation workers really didn't approve so i packed my accordian and had to move to a city in ohio where i lived in a tree and i worked in a nasal decongestant factory and i play on the company bowling team
    HE SIGNED A FUCKING CONTRACT THAT SAID ALL OF HIS ACTIONS WERE UP TO THE REVIEW OF THE COMMISSIONER AND THE COMMISH COULD DICTATE ANY AND ALL PARTICIPATION IN THE LEAGE AND THAT HE (THE COMMISH) HAD FINAL SAY. NO ONE HAS TO JUSTIFY THIS EXCEPT FOR THE COMMISH SO GO FUCK OFF YOU GOD DAMN RETARD.
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby View Post
    in after worthless attempt to refute shitrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    lolllll my man said condoms
    Quote Originally Posted by Nok View Post
    listen to citrus, nigga knows his shit

Entense Supporter
    Amen shitrus.

Plus the steelers wanted to suspend him also, not just the league office, they are tired of big ben and all the shit he gets himself into

But that still does not get around the fact he is still being punished for something he has never been convicted of.

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    But that still does not get around the fact he is still being punished for something he has never been convicted of.
    He doesn't have to be convicted. His misconduct makes him, his team, and the NFL look bad. It's like "Hey we're the NFL and the Steelers and we like to pay big bucks to possible rapists!"

Like someone mentioned earlier, this isn't the first time he was accused of it but it was the second time in 2 years! How many times are you accused of raping someone?

Everyone in the NFL is a role model to some little kid out there. You can't have your role model getting accused of rape all the damn time. What kind of positive message is that to the kids?

I really don't care for Roethlisberger. I think he is an overrated QB that holds on to the ball too long and that is why he has to "improvise" or "extend the play" all the fucking time. Something he's known for doing so well. Big fucking deal *jacking off motion*

"I'm the best mayne"

Quote Originally Posted by ideeedit View Post
    He doesn't have to be convicted. His misconduct makes him, his team, and the NFL look bad. It's like "Hey we're the NFL and the Steelers and we like to pay big bucks to possible rapists!"

Like someone mentioned earlier, this isn't the first time he was accused of it but it was the second time in 2 years! How many times are you accused of raping someone?

Everyone in the NFL is a role model to some little kid out there. You can't have your role model getting accused of rape all the damn time. What kind of positive message is that to the kids?

I really don't care for Roethlisberger. I think he is an overrated QB that holds on to the ball too long and that is why he has to "improvise" or "extend the play" all the fucking time. Something he's known for doing so well. Big fucking deal *jacking off motion*
    It does not matter how many times he has been accused, not only has he never been convicted, he has never been to trial. All i am seeing is some bitch screaming rape then not doing anything about it.

I just think it is a real mistake for punishing someone for NOTHING.

Someone posts A LOT
    He clearly didn't do nothing. Just because there wasn't a criminal prosecution doesn't mean there won't be a civil suit or anything like that.

BUT I NEED HIM FOR MY FANTASTY TEAM!? FREE TEH RAPSIT!!!1

pfftt plz...

It does not matter how many times he has been accused, not only has he never been convicted, he has never been to trial. All i am seeing is some bitch screaming rape then not doing anything about it.

He broke a rule against personal conduct.

If a player comes out holds a press conference and says that he doesn't like Jews and gays and thinks that they are sub-human, then he says he's going to go leave and have sex with any 18 year old girl who shows up at his house, and then he says he is glad 9/11 happened and he is personally going to fund a giant statue in New York that depicts planes flying into the world trade center.

None of those things are illegal. He is allowed to do or say all of those things. They are however against the rules that his employer has established. The NFL would probably suspend anyone who does those things even though they are not against the law.

RaP GaMe TaYLoR SWiFT
    He's putting himself in bad situations. Fucking girls in the bathrooms of clubs? Going out constantly and getting drunk and fucking with bitches.
    Moo is a fucking geek

hell yea bitch dis go hard as hell flocka i will suck big dick team slut all day and week month year and century i love big naps D I C K S Q U A D

Who's more respectable: a quarterback or a quarterback that is also an accused rapist. Then read Shitrus' answer and if you still don't understand then I'd start devoting your brain activity to other challenging situations for you such as breathing and remembering to wash your hands/

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Situationeer View Post
    He's putting himself in bad situations. Fucking girls in the bathrooms of clubs? Going out constantly and getting drunk and fucking with bitches.
    It really isn't just the fucking girls in bathrooms. For me, the thing that is absolutely amazing is that he went to a COLLEGE BAR (meaning at least 75% of the people there are under 21) in MILLEDGEVILLE. I mean, I've been there, that place isn't neccesarily a "shithole", but it certainly isn't a place meriting the definition of a good "clubbing" scene. It's for people who couldn't even get into UGA, which is like 45 minutes away. This guy is a fucking douche, and should be suspended for that alone.

RaP GaMe TaYLoR SWiFT
    Quote Originally Posted by abernat View Post
    It really isn't just the fucking girls in bathrooms. For me, the thing that is absolutely amazing is that he went to a COLLEGE BAR (meaning at least 75% of the people there are under 21) in MILLEDGEVILLE. I mean, I've been there, that place isn't neccesarily a "shithole", but it certainly isn't a place meriting the definition of a good "clubbing" scene. It's for people who couldn't even get into UGA, which is like 45 minutes away. This guy is a fucking douche, and should be suspended for that alone.
    So ya, he's putting himself in bad situations.
    Moo is a fucking geek

hell yea bitch dis go hard as hell flocka i will suck big dick team slut all day and week month year and century i love big naps D I C K S Q U A D

Better question... Why would he go to Milledgeville? Milledgeville is to Athens as Canada is to the United States. Athens has better bars and hotter bitches, hands down.
    Xbox Live: OneOfThoseBlax

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ten View Post
    He broke a rule against personal conduct.

If a player comes out holds a press conference and says that he doesn't like Jews and gays and thinks that they are sub-human, then he says he's going to go leave and have sex with any 18 year old girl who shows up at his house, and then he says he is glad 9/11 happened and he is personally going to fund a giant statue in New York that depicts planes flying into the world trade center.

None of those things are illegal. He is allowed to do or say all of those things. They are however against the rules that his employer has established. The NFL would probably suspend anyone who does those things even though they are not against the law.
    Exactly this, i don't think there really needs to be much more explanation than what ten said. And also ib "so what, football players can't have opinions."

Entensity Vet

There was also a lot more details about the case than just her accusing him, and I'm pretty sure there was a civil suit regarding the first one, and if he was completely innocent he would be fighting for his innocence, not settling monetarily.

I have lots of Seniority aedeos b.a.'s Avatar
    Entense Supporter

In my left hand, I hold a box. In that box is rape accusations. You're really pissed that Ben has nothing to do with that box.

In my right hand, I hold a box, as well. In that box is public perception. When Ben goes to a club and gets into situations where rape can be declared, when he does things that make the NFL look bad, games get put into that box. And they don't get taken out until he's paid for the harm he's done.

Your problem is you see he didn't get convicted of rape and think he's done nothing. Except he's not suspended for rape. He's suspended for making the NFL look bad. And he absolutely did that. He most definitely did not do "nothing."