User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cool Videos (no not iPhone crap)

Entense Supporter
    The only issue with the time lapses is that they take like 5 hours to make just a few seconds... I definitely don't wanna leave my camera anywhere that long and don't wanna sit with it that long either
    crew
    My FlickrCanon Crew: Canon 5D MkII, Canon 7D, Canon 5Dc, Canon 70-200 2.8L IS, Canon 35L 1.4, Sigma 10-20, Canon 580EXII, (2) Vivitar 285HV

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by qben9354 View Post
    This piece is also very important to me, on the other end of the filmmaking spectrum.

no explanation needed
    man that's gobliens!

I heard you needed like 7 years of experience before you could enroll.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by sam34gtr View Post
    The only issue with the time lapses is that they take like 5 hours to make just a few seconds... I definitely don't wanna leave my camera anywhere that long and don't wanna sit with it that long either
    definitely a camp out kinda thing

gotta shoot from a hotel room balcony, or be camping right next to it or something... otherwise, you're right I don't know what I'm going to do

I think I might try and turn it into a "time away to read" or something stupid like that

I really do enjoy my quiet time as well so I think I can make it work

My Flickr
    My Gear: 5D MK II, 24 L f/1.4, 50 f/1.4, 70-200 L f/4 580 EX II ||| Gamertag: ryizfly PSN: ryisfly || G's sig generator

Entense Supporter
    I could do it from my hotel balcony... which btw has it's own small private pool
    crew
    My FlickrCanon Crew: Canon 5D MkII, Canon 7D, Canon 5Dc, Canon 70-200 2.8L IS, Canon 35L 1.4, Sigma 10-20, Canon 580EXII, (2) Vivitar 285HV

Entense Supporter
    It doesn't say 7D in the title but does in the description, think I'm safe?
    crew

Entense Supporter
    I'd say so... mine says the last possible day it could arrive is two days after I leave for Japan... I pray to God that it gets here before

My Flickr
    My Gear: 5D MK II, 24 L f/1.4, 50 f/1.4, 70-200 L f/4 580 EX II ||| Gamertag: ryizfly PSN: ryisfly || G's sig generator

Entense Supporter
    pretty cool iPad light painting video:

My Flickr

Entense Supporter
    jimmy and qben.... HALP ME!!!!!!!

I've made a video from my trip to Kauai, I spent more time on this one than usual... matching parts of the song, etc.

Problem is... the fucking thing will not render properly. I already had an issue with my Vegas rendered videos not looking quite how I wanted them too but now it's out of hand. The renders will be perfect for the beginning and then all of a sudden cut to black video and just audio. Or, it will switch to choppy video and perfect audio. The video is only 3 minutes long but is comprised of at least 20 different HD clips... I know that's clinching the system a little bit but this just seems ridiculous.

I have:

AMD Phenom 9950 Quad Processor (2.61 GHz)
    8GB DDR2
    ATI HD 5800

Is my setup really just too weak for video processing?!

My Flickr

Hmmm, well when you say rendered are you talking about making a preview of it, or actually like saving it out and watching a quicktime? And also does it only happen at full resolution? Have you tried cutting the res in half and seeing if that works ok? If that's the case then it is most likely a problem with your specs or software, but I doubt it's your system specs, because while it may start to chug a bit somewhere around what you're dealing with, I doubt that would affect your actual render, as opposed to making a preview, where it caches it all into memory, in which case, it would certainly be crapping out after a few seconds, but still have the sound cached, as that's generally the first thing that it caches.

Also, have you tried exporting out the video in three one minute sections as noncompressed quicktimes with no sound, and then bring them back into a new project, put your sound edit in, and render it out that way? It will be less taxing on your machine, but slightly lossy... However it may make it easier for your machine to chew through. Nothing else, maybe it's time to move the project into premiere... I'm pretty sure you can export an edl (edit decision list) as an xml file that you can import into final cut pro and keep your edit intact... Don't mark my words, but I'd be willing to check that out.
    Last edited by jimmyjam; 9/24/2010 at 11:08 am.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjam View Post
    Hmmm, well when you say rendered are you talking about making a preview of it, or actually like saving it out and watching a quicktime? And also does it only happen at full resolution? Have you tried cutting the res in half and seeing if that works ok? If that's the case then it is most likely a problem with your specs or software, but I doubt it's your system specs, because while it may start to chug a bit somewhere around what you're dealing with, I doubt that would affect your actual render, as opposed to making a preview, where it caches it all into memory, in which case, it would certainly be crapping out after a few seconds, but still have the sound cached, as that's generally the first thing that it caches.

Also, have you tried exporting out the video in three one minute sections as noncompressed quicktimes with no sound, and then bring them back into a new project, put your sound edit in, and render it out that way? It will be less taxing on your machine, but slightly lossy... However it may make it easier for your machine to chew through. Nothing else, maybe it's time to move the project into premiere... I'm pretty sure you can export an edl (edit decision list) as an xml file that you can import into final cut pro and keep your edit intact... Don't mark my words, but I'd be willing to check that out.
    Yeah, the preview itself has been pretty choppy so at times I would make more memory available for that. Honestly sometimes that video cuts out completely as well... figured it was a codec but nothing seems to have completely fixing results. Sometimes the first part works, second part is black or choppy... sometimes it's the opposite.

I tried exporting into sections and I could see a huge boost in speed already but unfortunately the second section that I tried to export just replicated the same error within itself. It's only a 1 minute clip and only the first 30 seconds has video... so frustrating.

I don't have a Mac so final cut pro isn't available for me , but importing to Premiere seems like a good idea. I'll try and get that installed today. Hopefully the timeline is as user friendly... although what Sony Vegas gains in user friendliness, it completely lacks in wonky controls and no real online support.

Thanks for the suggestion man

My Flickr

One other thing you could try, and this is sort of goofy, but I talked to an editor here and he said if that happens, sometimes what you can do is right click on the video file and choose "disable resample" from switches... Hopefully that works... Vegas has a lot of stuff under the hood that is inaccessible, making it hard to troubleshoot problems... but yeah man, good luck with that, I hope you can get it working. If you move to premiere, there is some seriously good stuff you can do in there.. My favorite thing is this storyboard feature, where you can lay your clips out how you want to edit them sequentially, and then it can create your project from there. That way you can really plan out your edit well, and make changes before you even hit the timeline.

bump for midnight ep trilogy back to back to back

Originally posted by Nok
    guys give him a break he goes to art school