User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cool Videos (no not iPhone crap)

Entense Supporter

Cool Videos (no not iPhone crap)

Made using two 5D MK II's

pretty cool
    Last edited by laowai; 9/09/2010 at 9:23 pm.

My Flickr
    My Gear: 5D MK II, 24 L f/1.4, 50 f/1.4, 70-200 L f/4 580 EX II ||| Gamertag: ryizfly PSN: ryisfly || G's sig generator

debated posting this. i think the RED is actually offering this as a feature now, kinda meh imo but thats just me

I was trying to figure out how they shot this with two cameras, whether or not side by side would be enough to alter the perspective on the angles or not, and the only thing i can think of is using a mirror? thoughts?

also, what say you change this thread title to just 'cool video (no not iPhone crap)' and we use it to post awesome video as just pieces of awesome in general as well as video inspirado to get people more pumped about filmmaking versus the sheer amount of photog happenin in here? wot wot?
    Originally posted by Nok
    guys give him a break he goes to art school

Entense Supporter
    I'm totally down with that, I've found tons of great materials and they have been a real inspiration for me

I actually thought of a short film I want to do... but it's not going to happen till I get to Monterey and can enlist some help. Pretty pumped about it although it's gonna be simple

I read that the video was recorded using a "beam splitter"?

Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beam_splitter

My Flickr
    My Gear: 5D MK II, 24 L f/1.4, 50 f/1.4, 70-200 L f/4 580 EX II ||| Gamertag: ryizfly PSN: ryisfly || G's sig generator

yes! that is what i was thinking but didnt know it was an actual thing haha

ok

so

one of my biggest forms of inspirado for the past month has been Saman Keshavarz. I've wanted to post his work on ef, but there was no real good thread for this kinda stuff. Anyway, this mofo just started runnin and gunnin with the bigs guys recently with his commercial for canon. He's only 24 but is fucking killing it this year with dslr. I'm only gonna post the first of the 3 parts because this (well, and the trailer when it first came out) is the strongest I feel.

If this gets you as hot and bothered as it does me, i urge you to check the rest of his portfolio. The third part was just released yesterday, and the rest of his work is starting to make its rounds

This piece is also very important to me, on the other end of the filmmaking spectrum.

no explanation needed

and heres a sweet making of. keep in mind this is student work. I wanted to go to this school but could not afford

I could fill this thread lol
    Originally posted by Nok

Entense Supporter
    AMAAAZZING, I absolutely loved the story telling of Midnight Club... sent a message over to the guy, I really wanna meet up with any of these people involved while I'm in Cali.

The animation on Apre was absolutely awesome, loved it man. Thanks

This has made me determined to at least attempt time lapse:

he did a music vid for atreyu as well

I don't know if you've seen this... but Canon put out this thing to promote their cameras... basically creating an open story and letting users make their own chapters. Vincent Larofet naturally started it off:

The 7th chapter was just released

My Flickr

I have lots of Seniority kndguy's Avatar
    ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ l̴͍͍͙̺̞ͫ̍̔̍ͩͮͯ̽̿ͩ͒̇̒̓̓̍ŏ̾ͮ͊͛ͫͪ̓̈́̇͏̛̀&#
    Dude. . . how Vincent Laforet exploded over the past year and a half is unbelievable
    1RM Calc. Never ever have doubt.

In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Entense Supporter
    right place right time, he did a fantastic job on that first chapter though... I was liking the overall story until Chapter 6... really not feeling that. Need to watch Chapter 7 and hope it fixes it
    Last edited by laowai; 9/10/2010 at 11:40 am.

My Flickr

I have lots of Seniority kndguy's Avatar
    ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ l̴͍͍͙̺̞ͫ̍̔̍ͩͮͯ̽̿ͩ͒̇̒̓̓̍ŏ̾ͮ͊͛ͫͪ̓̈́̇͏̛̀&#
    I mean following him. . . and then watching him explode was like unbelievable. He pretty much exploded overnight.

But yeah he was in the right place at the right time WITH the right ideas that sold.
    1RM Calc. Never ever have doubt.

In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Quote Originally Posted by laowai View Post
    right place right time, he did a fantastic job on that first chapter though... I was liking the overall story until Chapter 6... really not feeling that. Need to watch Chapter 7 and hope it fixes it
    I watched this series because of your posts, so thanks for that! Definitely some awesome work there.

I agree about Chapter 6. I think Chapter 7 does the best with what was left after 6.

That HDR video is bad ass

Quote Originally Posted by qben9354 View Post
    I could fill this thread lol
    Please do!
    http://chat.efnet.org | /join #entensity | #entensity on irc.EFnet.net

awesome fuckin vids! some epic shots in that first one. really dug that chapter 6 slow build to, gotta check out the rest

here is a fucking sweet biking video shot on the red, dont think its been posted on ef yet. i dont bike but i cannot waiiit to peep the whole thing

here is a great little , can check their lighting setups

for animation, christian schlaeffer's stuff is fucking insane, would love to have a conversation with this guy

insanely awesome avant garde crazy attention to detail frame by frame animation

which makes me think of albert mieglo's recent work which is complete and total bonerjamz as well

lovingly painted frame by frame. so awesome.
    Originally posted by Nok

Entense Supporter
    man I'm loving the stuff from alberto

The chinese is hilarious... name of the first one is "females pubes"

content is:

"I like her, everything I see"
    "Hair is sexy, or not"

Third one just says: "Pinkman is about to present" then pinkman.tv

pretty cool guy, gonna try and contact him... bad habit lol

Also, the bike video really gets me pumped for the running film I want to make

My Flickr

hahah yeah what uhhh, what are you contacting these dudes about? he is an animator from spain who moved to work in london after he started pinkman.tv

he did all the art direction for the beatles rock band videos and such. very talented young guy

good looks on the translations, i was curious about that
    Originally posted by Nok

Entense Supporter
    lol no I just send a msg saying "big fan" and that's pretty much it

if he was small scale and local I'd ask to tag along but I'm petty like that

My Flickr

no dude, thats a good quality for this kinda thing. gotta make your own opportunities. Ill talk to anyone who will listen to me. People remember when you are passionate and think to call you instead of the dude who does it but is like w/e yo
    Originally posted by Nok

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by laowai View Post
    AMAAAZZING, I absolutely loved the story telling of Midnight Club... sent a message over to the guy, I really wanna meet up with any of these people involved while I'm in Cali.

The animation on Apre was absolutely awesome, loved it man. Thanks

This has made me determined to at least attempt time lapse:

I'm loving that one. I really need to travel sometime alone so I can do all this shit and not be nagged
    crew
    My FlickrCanon Crew: Canon 5D MkII, Canon 7D, Canon 5Dc, Canon 70-200 2.8L IS, Canon 35L 1.4, Sigma 10-20, Canon 580EXII, (2) Vivitar 285HV

Quote Originally Posted by sam34gtr View Post
    I'm loving that one. I really need to travel sometime alone so I can do all this shit and not be nagged
    Hook. Line. Sinker. Too often do I find awesome things I want to shoot or attempt to film and it's a pain to the people I'm with so I end up not doing it. My wife got me into photography and now she get's a little annoyed if we're on a trip and I want to take some time to shoot. I much rather prefer going out by myself.
    http://chat.efnet.org | /join #entensity | #entensity on irc.EFnet.net

Entense Supporter
    crew
    My FlickrCanon Crew: Canon 5D MkII, Canon 7D, Canon 5Dc, Canon 70-200 2.8L IS, Canon 35L 1.4, Sigma 10-20, Canon 580EXII, (2) Vivitar 285HV

Entense Supporter
    The music just adds to the epicness of this

crew