User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US soldiers 'killed Afghan civilians for sport and collected fingers as trophies'

I was just talkin to a guy who came home from Afganistan this year. He was telling me a ton of stories like this. None of them were this bad tho. mostly just fucking with prisoners

The worst he said was that when they were told to explore caves they usually just launch a few nades down in there rather than actually search. Thats not as bad I guess cause I doubt alot of good guys live in caves, but what the hell do I know..

I dont really have a problem with that shit, but pruposly going after civilians is obviously fuckdd and undermines everything we are trying to accomplish there.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKidFresh View Post
    The worst he said was that when they were told to explore caves they usually just launch a few nades down in there rather than actually search. Thats not as bad I guess cause I doubt alot of good guys live in caves, but what the hell do I know..
    Gotta check for booby traps

Maybe my judgement is kind of fucked up lol, but theres no way that is even remotely close to killing and taking fingers as trophies.

Well.. maybe its the knowingly killing part, or the finger necklace that crosses the line.

You know those little candy necklaces that you can see little kids eating? or raver chicks eating? Yeah.

I mean, what else were they saving the fingers for..

Quote Originally Posted by MotMan View Post
    this war is like vietnam, we don't know who the real terrorists are. the bad guys in vietnam were fighters by night and farmers by day. it's kind of the same way in afghanistan... personally I've never been there, I've never personally experienced an act of terrorism. even 9/11... this sounds selfish as fuck but seriously, i didn't know anyone who died on 9/11. i don't know what it's like over there, but i'd probably do the same thing as they are if I was over there.
    You would collect fingers?

Someone posts A LOT SpongerAtHeart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Why do I think you're just saying this to save face!?
    who the fuck are you and why should I care what you have to say?

Quote Originally Posted by hallucinated View Post
    you would kill civilians and collect fingers?
    they had a law-bringer perk

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by hallucinated View Post
    you would kill civilians and collect fingers?
    no, definitely not, lol sorry didn't really think that one through.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SpongerAtHeart View Post
    who the fuck are you and why should I care what you have to say?
    seriously? you just made that call?

Bumping because I'm friends with one of the accused, Adam Winfield. I heard from his Mother a few days ago asking for help in rallying funds to help his defense.

Apparently he warned the military of this months before it even happened and now they're trying to not permit that fact as evidence in his trial.

The Army may have known months ago about serious misconduct -- including the apparently unprovoked murder of a civilian -- by members of a platoon in Afghanistan, but failed to act on it before at least one other murder occurred.

In an interrogation tape obtained by CNN, Spc. Adam Winfield, 21, tells an Army investigator in May that he told his father in February that he feared for his life after hearing that others within his platoon had murdered an Afghan civilian. He feared that his comrades -- members of the 5th Stryker Brigade -- were hunting for other victims, he said.
    http://articles.cnn.com/2010-09-28/w...pe?_s=PM:WORLD

I'm starting to post Genetic Freak's Avatar
    A Few fucking assholes making our troops look bad. This shit is disgraceful, and will probably get more media attention than any of the good our troops are doing over there. Like the fact that fact that more afghan children are litterate now than ever before in Afghanistans history. Those guys should be tied down while afghan civilians throw grenades at them.

I'm starting to post killa bees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Genetic Freak View Post
    A Few fucking assholes making our troops look bad. This shit is disgraceful, and will probably get more media attention than any of the good our troops are doing over there. Like the fact that fact that more afghan children are litterate now than ever before in Afghanistans history. Those guys should be tied down while afghan civilians throw grenades at them.
    Seems like fair punishment to me. Fucking disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by stupidcunt View Post
    Bumping because I'm friends with one of the accused, Adam Winfield. I heard from his Mother a few days ago asking for help in rallying funds to help his defense.

Apparently he warned the military of this months before it even happened and now they're trying to not permit that fact as evidence in his trial.

What the fuck do you want us to do, feel sorry for your asshole friend making us all look bad? I'm with everyone else here, this is an absolute disgrace and does more to help terrorist recruiting than club gitmo being open. Maybe he told his father, but he shouldn't have been so quite about it -- fearing that it could end up just like this. Maybe I'm not understanding your friends participation in this.

I'm not sure what part in this your friend had, but even knowledge of cold blooded murder is complacency. I sure hope he didn't help cover this up or participate in any way but being that he is accused I find that somewhat unlikely.

So, whats his defense? Whats your defense of your friend here?
    Last edited by ███; 3/21/2011 at 2:20 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by craY View Post
    What the fuck do you want us to do, feel sorry for your asshole friend making us all look bad? I'm with everyone else here, this is an absolute disgrace and does more to help terrorist recruiting than club gitmo being open.

I'm not sure what part in this your friend had, but even knowledge of cold blooded murder is complacency. I sure hope he didn't help cover this up or participate in any way but being that he is accused I find that somewhat unlikely.

Don't want YOU to do anything. I was going to make a thread about it, noticed there was already one so I bumped it.

If you want to know more about his role: http://www.newstimes.com/news/articl...ot-1223696.php

But don't jump to conclusions and make yourself look like an asshole.

As far as I'm concerned he shouldn't have taken part in the final killing, but I can certainly see why he did. Sucks that the army ignored him for months when he tried to blow the lid off the plot before any of this even happened.

Entense Supporter
    If you purposely killed a civilian AND collected their finger, you should be executed. No ifs ands or buts.

What the fuck do you want us to do, feel sorry for your asshole friend making us all look bad? I'm with everyone else here, this is an absolute disgrace and does more to help terrorist recruiting than club gitmo being open. Maybe he told his father, but he shouldn't have been so quite about it -- fearing that it could end up just like this. Maybe I'm not understanding your friends participation in this.

So if someone threatened your life if you told other people, you'd just go and tell them anyways, right? Nevermind that they've already proven that they murder people

This shit happens all the time. A friend of a friend of a friend of mine (just in case someone real comes knocking I can play ignorance) went into a house where a suspected terrorist lived. They dropped a gun at his feat and said if he didnt pick it up, they'd shoot him. He picked it up so they shot him in the face.

Another kid was supposed to be blocking access to a bridge. Instead of waiving cars down and explaining they couldnt go that way, they'd a few cars drive up and then shoot out the engine block with a .50 cal.

They got caught doing what a lot of people do. You know what, if the afghans handled their shit in the first place, we wouldnt be over there babysitting a bunch of sandniggers. Get our people home and let them kill each other.
    Feat? Are you really a teacher?

Entense Supporter
    I live on Ft. Lewis, near the brigade responsible for this. Just a fun fact, 5th Brigade (the brigade of the accused), was the most fucked up brigade in the division. In fact, they were so fucked up that when we got back, they disbanded 5th brigade and merged it with 3rd. In the first 48 hours of their deployment they lost 28 soldiers. Now, in Iraq the top 3 causes of death to a soldier isn't from enemy fire or IED like most are lead to believe. Its from vehicle accidents, like flipping a Stryker. The 2nd is illness and the 3rd is suicide. So the fact in the first 2 days 28 men were lost in a minimal combat zone should tell you the quality of the soldiers and the leadership the brigade and more closely the battalions had to offer.

This shit happens all the time. A friend of a friend of a friend of mine (just in case someone real comes knocking I can play ignorance) went into a house where a suspected terrorist lived. They dropped a gun at his feat and said if he didnt pick it up, they'd shoot him. He picked it up so they shot him in the face.

Another kid was supposed to be blocking access to a bridge. Instead of waiving cars down and explaining they couldnt go that way, they'd a few cars drive up and then shoot out the engine block with a .50 cal.

They got caught doing what a lot of people do. You know what, if the afghans handled their shit in the first place, we wouldnt be over there babysitting a bunch of sandniggers. Get our people home and let them kill each other.
    That sounds like a bunch of he said she said bullshit to make them sound cool, or even to get their gay little CIB. In all units there are ammo counts and rounds accounted for. If he was popping off .50 cal rounds at cars for whatever reason, there would be investigations. Believe it or not, there are specialized people who come and check out the scene where combat may have happened and the definition of combat in todays military is an IED 50 meters away or someone firing a mere warning shot. I've been part of a couple very popular and historically renown infantry units and I find what you said hard to believe. One of the few things soldiers don't comply with in the Geneva Convention (and I firmly agree) is double tapping. Openly firing rounds at suspects or cars rarely happens unless its an extreme condition that requires such an action. Odds are in a house breach their PL would be fairly close by and I've never heard of a kid fresh out of the academy with the balls to allow something like that. But who knows, maybe your friend of a friend of a friend is part of a seriously fucked up unit, in which they're probably already dead.

If he wanted to be heard and let it be known, it wouldn't be hard to let his CO or 1sgt know. In fact, it'd be pretty easy. Hell, on a daily basis in the FOB he would probably cross paths with the CSM. So if he really wanted it to be known and had his name taken out of the equation and done the right thing, there were plenty of things he could have done. The fact that he went along with it but just didnt agree with it isn't enough. Hes just as fucked up as the rest of them.
    Reserved for future awesomeness.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Skoda View Post
    If he wanted to be heard and let it be known, it wouldn't be hard to let his CO or 1sgt know. In fact, it'd be pretty easy. Hell, on a daily basis in the FOB he would probably cross paths with the CSM. So if he really wanted it to be known and had his name taken out of the equation and done the right thing, there were plenty of things he could have done. The fact that he went along with it but just didnt agree with it isn't enough. Hes just as fucked up as the rest of them.
    QFT

Sure, to there face I would've said "Yeah man I'll keep my mouth shut" and then marched straight into my shirts (1SG) office also elaborating that I fear for my life... there's no way he'd ignore me

My Flickr
    My Gear: 5D MK II, 24 L f/1.4, 50 f/1.4, 70-200 L f/4 580 EX II ||| Gamertag: ryizfly PSN: ryisfly || G's sig generator

Master of Posting
    I told her that people on here hate me so much I could defend troops killing innocent people and members would take it seriously.

I think it says far more about you (and your conduct) that people on EF would take your inane comments as if you meant them seriously than it does about EF.

But don't jump to conclusions and make yourself look like an asshole.
    Thank you for the advice. I don't think I did jump to any conclusions and I don't think I looked like an asshole, but thank you. Your friend murdered somebody for fun and/or didn't have the balls to stand up and do what's right. This wasn't petty theft and somebody got the better of him, he literally pointed a gun at an innocent man and pulled the trigger. I hope he gets life.

Quote Originally Posted by schmedes2 View Post
    So if someone threatened your life if you told other people, you'd just go and tell them anyways, right? Nevermind that they've already proven that they murder people
    Uh yes you fucking idiot I'm not going to get scared into going down for a murder because I don't want to tattle. In this situation, you tell somebody as high up as you can get and be extremely serious about it. You don't facebook message your dad and say hey Dad everything's going awesome here in the box but these few guys are murdering innocents maybe I'll do it too next month.

I can't believe you're serious. This is like a family member getting kidnapped and they say don't call the cops or else! What do you do, call the police/FBI. Or in your case you listen to them 'cause you were threatened I guess.

Thank you for the advice. I don't think I did jump to any conclusions and I don't think I looked like an asshole, but thank you. Your friend murdered somebody for fun and/or didn't have the balls to stand up and do what's right. This wasn't petty theft and somebody got the better of him, he literally pointed a gun at an innocent man and pulled the trigger. I hope he gets life.
    Both responses have shown you didn't read either article. Not really gunna bother from here because you apparently can't read.