User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting my JetBlue "All You Can Jet" experience today.

Bad-ass Member
    Man, I'm locked into working and can't take that type of time off, but I really loved those pictures you posted of Jamaica. Keep it going with updates of places you go!

I've been in San Francisco/Mountain View for the past two days. As soon as I landed, we headed out on the train from SFO down to 16th street. Something about SF, I don't know, it just seems like such a fun and friendly place. I got this feeling right when I stepped on to the street... the feeling of "wow, I could definitely live here."

We went to one bar, I forget what it was called, but it was a cool little place. Death metal playing over the speakers, good draft choice, cool people (lotsa fixed gear bikes and skinny jeans, but cool people nonetheless), and a nice big backyard area. After a couple Racer 5's, we walked down to Toronado where I took these pictures:

Another amazing bar in Toronado. We sat down and drank some craft before heading over to a taqueria next door, and then coming back to the bar. Good times. From there we walked up to a beer/wine corner store on Castro off a suggestion from the bartender, and picked up some more amazing beers. Drunk now, we rode the Caltrain home and passed out.

Sunday was spent in Mountain View, where my buddy lives and I am staying, to watch football and get drunk at a local pub. Beer selection there wasn't impressive, but decent. The food was killer. I had a lamb stew that was out of this world.

Going out and exploring on my own today while my buddy works. Hopefully I'll make it to the piers, see the Golden Gate Bridge, get some lunch... who knows. Hope I don't get lost on the MUNI!
    LOGO SMACKDOWN + GLAMOUR = INFINITE SYNERGY

Well, thanks to the shitty day I'm stuck in NYC-- stranded on my way to Punta Cana, Domin. Repub.-- so I'll take a little time to update on the past few days.

My last day in San Francisco was a half of a bust... I took the Caltrain in to SF from Mountain View (where my friend lives) and set out on foot right away. I went up 4th St., down Mission, and up 6th to Golden Gate Ave. The walk was... colorful. About as colorful as any other major city, I'd say. From there I walked down whatever street the MUNI 21 line runs on for a while until I reached my ultimate destination: Golden Gate Park. However, the 2 hour walk from the train station to the park pretty much ate all my time, so I took the opportunity to step foot on the grass and then turn around and head back.

This time instead of walking it like I did, I just took the MUNI busses all the way back to Market St. and walked that for a while, catching a final MUNI down 4th St. back to the Caltrain station. It was so fuckin' hot that day too, my shirt was soaked through with sweat. It was fun, though, even though I didn't get to spend any quality time in the park or even see the Bridge.

So I caught my flight back and there was no problems there, except for the fact that I left SF at 5pm PST (connected in Long Beach) and finally got home to DC at ~5:15am EST. Time traveling.

That morning I slept in once I got home, and went to see a movie with my brother at the IMAX.

This morning we woke up to pretty shitty weather all over the northeast, which I knew was going to be a pain in my ass because I connect at JFK on my way down to Punta Cana. Wouldn't you know it? I was right. We spent one and a half hours on the tarmac waiting for weather to clear, which of course caused me to miss my connection.

In any case, about half the plane missed their flights as well and jetBlue was kind enough to re-book every passenger on a new flight within 24hrs. Mine landed on the back of that 24hrs, so I leave for Punta Cana to meet my brother and his girlfriend at The Majestic resort/club for the remainder of our stay at 8am EST. I believe we're booked there until... Monday? Tuesday? I'll have to double check.

At any rate I'm here in NYC on a shitty rainy overcast day but I was able to book a king-size room not far from JFK at a Comfort Suites. I've got a nasty cough and runny nose because my friend Jason from San Fran has a cat, and I don't get along with cats sometimes. Gonna batten down the hatches with some Robotussin and try to sooth my cough away.

Wish me luck in the morning!

Signing out.
    Last edited by Mr. Brainwash; 9/30/2010 at 9:33 am.

havingaseriouslylooseanus
    Quote Originally Posted by triptiks View Post
    Well, thanks to the shitty day I'm stuck in NYC-- stranded on my way to Punta Cana, Domin. Repub.-- so I'll take a little time to update on the past few days.

My last day in San Francisco was a half of a bust... I took the Caltrain in to SF from Mountain View (where my friend lives) and set out on foot right away. I went up 4th St., down Mission, and up 6th to Golden Gate Ave. The walk was... colorful. About as colorful as any other major city, I'd say. From there I walked down whatever street the MUNI 21 line runs on for a while until I reached my ultimate destination: Golden Gate Park. However, the 2 hour walk from the train station to the park pretty much ate all my time, so I took the opportunity to step foot on the grass and then turn around and head back.

This time instead of walking it like I did, I just took the MUNI busses all the way back to Market St. and walked that for a while, catching a final MUNI down 4th St. back to the Caltrain station. It was so fuckin' hot that day too, my shirt was soaked through with sweat. It was fun, though, even though I didn't get to spend any quality time in the park or even see the Bridge.

So I caught my flight back and there was no problems there, except for the fact that I left SF at 5pm PST (connected in Long Beach) and finally got home to DC at ~5:15am EST. Time traveling.

That morning I slept in once I got home, and went to see a movie with my brother at the IMAX.

This morning we woke up to pretty shitty weather all over the northeast, which I knew was going to be a pain in my ass because I connect at JFK on my way down to Punta Cana. Wouldn't you know it? I was right. We spent one and a half hours on the tarmac waiting for weather to clear, which of course caused me to miss my connection.

In any case, about half the plane missed their flights as well and jetBlue was kind enough to re-book every passenger on a new flight within 24hrs. Mine landed on the back of that 24hrs, so I leave for Punta Cana to meet my brother and his girlfriend at The Majestic resort/club for the remainder of our stay at 8am EST. I believe we're booked there until... Monday? Tuesday? I'll have to double check.

At any rate I'm here in NYC on a shitty rainy overcast day but I was able to book a king-size room not far from JFK at a Comfort Suites. I've got a nasty cough and runny nose because my friend Jason from San Fran has a cat, and I don't get along with cats sometimes. Gonna batten down the hatches with some Robotussin and try to sooth my cough away.

Wish me luck in the morning!

Signing out.
    Yeah, the weather really sucked over here today. What did you think about Terminal five? They just opened it recently Did you get to ride the shitty air train?

Sweet deal, man. Keep the posts coming. You're making me really wish I was able to do this.

You must be pretty fucking wealthy to afford all this shit

BANNED
    Man, I'm going to jump on this next time if I can. How often do they do a promotion like this?

Whew! I'm back stateside. I think this will be the end of my trip. I'll keep the thread open for as long as people want to ask me questions, and I'll see if I have any cool pictures from Punta Cana for a later post. Our flight back from NYC => DC-Dulles is delayed due to weather.

Quote Originally Posted by elastic View Post
    Yeah, the weather really sucked over here today. What did you think about Terminal five? They just opened it recently Did you get to ride the shitty air train?
    T5 is pretty cool I guess. Lots of places to shop and eat, but nothing quick and cheap. I would love for them to have a Subway or McDonalds in here, but it's pretty awesome having all of JetBlue together in one terminal like this.

e: Also yeah, we ride the AirTrain whenever we come back in from international flights which landed at Terminal 4. I also had to ride it to Federal Center to catch my shuttle to the hotel back a couple days ago. It's not so bad. The train stops are frequent. The train we just got at Dulles is pretty smooth though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz_Man View Post
    Sweet deal, man. Keep the posts coming. You're making me really wish I was able to do this.
    It was a great program, and tons of people went out and did it. I went in fearing the resorts would be ghost towns, luckily I was wrong. Jamaica and Punta Cana both were pretty poppin' with tons of stuff to do and LOTS of international people to chat with.

Quote Originally Posted by Tguard50 View Post
    You must be pretty fucking wealthy to afford all this shit

Quote Originally Posted by CruelToYou View Post
    Man, I'm going to jump on this next time if I can. How often do they do a promotion like this?
    I believe they only do it once a year. This was the first year I've heard of it, so I don't know for sure. It wouldn't be surprising though, because almost any other time of the year has some kind of holiday near it. Sept. 8th - Oct. 8th = not so much.
    Last edited by Mr. Brainwash; 10/04/2010 at 5:08 pm.

Holy shit I rule!
    Entense Supporter
    when this deal came out, I was soo tempted. time is the major issue here. From what I hear, they do this every year or so (maybe every other year?) ...

my best friend and I swore that we would do it together in a few years.

have a good month-long trip!

I'm starting to post keepnitreal's Avatar
    I agree, pretty fucking envious!