User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: London & Amsterdam

Entense Supporter
    any more information about anything is awesome, ill be hitting up amsterdam on the nov 11th weekend

Go see a sex show... Here's the one my friends and I went to: http://www.moulinrougeamsterdam.nl

BANNED
    Ive always wanted to go to londom and amsterdam

Bring lots of money in london shit is expensive. Did some day trips around england our of london, I'd look into that. Went to Bath, Windsor, Stone Henge by bus. It was only like 200 bucks but worth it.
    noleafclover

Gonna be living in Amsterdam in 14 days for the next 4 months, getting pumped.

Quote Originally Posted by OneStepAhead View Post
    Gonna be living in Amsterdam in 14 days for the next 4 months, getting pumped.
    Nice... First time over there? I'm guessing you're studying abroad there?

Quote Originally Posted by Prig View Post
    Nice... First time over there? I'm guessing you're studying abroad there?

Yup, will be my first time ever in Europe, and yes I will be studying abroad.

I can't fucking wait, and it's getting so close. All my friends have left to their respective countries already and are telling me it's unreal. So pumped to ski in Switzerland, visit Spain, Italy, Prague, London, etc..electronic music concerts, good bud, great beer, ahhhh gonna be amazing!

this thread needs more london tips

i'm going in march
    Latest 3 Flickr uploads:

Gouranga's flickr sig generator

Someone posts A LOT
    Here's my situation... Traveling with a college friend to London in a few weeks. We're hanging out there for a few days while one of our other friends works the rest of the week, he'll be available to chill at night. After the week is over, we're going to fly to Amsterdam and spend the weekend there.

Basically looking for any kind of advice you can offer... Places to see, eat, stay, things to do... etc. My friend told me that the best way to get around is by bus or the subway. Please share what you know.
    i just went to London and Amsterdam this past sept/october..

London: tube is the best way to get around for sure

1) there is a pretty sweet club called Fabric.. fridays are drum and bass (the full experience)and sat are tech house.. the sound system is ROCKIN.. highly recommend checking it out. a uniquely london place .. or the ministry of sound..
    2) there is a sweet bar i got taken to called aqua bar.. it is a top floor sushi restaurant with a rooftop balcony bar.. by oxford shopping area
    3)go try the indian food!! there is a large indian population in the uk and the food is unreal. go to this place called "Masala Zone" UNREAL GOOD
    4) covnent garden is an awesome area for walking around and shopping
    5) skip east london.. its all grimey hipster bars..

Amsterdam:
    1) Rent bikes and ride around
    2) van gough museum
    3) smoke the ganja
    4) go to this club paradiso, it is an old church turning into a night club.. good djs!
    5) henniken factory tour
    6) bone an outrageously hot hooker on the red light for 50 euro.. or two at the same time!

Nor Cal Crew

Thanks for the suggestions here. Taking my wife to London and Paris in February. They'll be very useful!!

Any other suggestions for either city for someone who has never been outside of the US?

Thanks!!

Paris is a cool city... Just have to watch out because the subway/underground/tube ... whatever you want to call it stops early in the night I think around 12 or something stupid like that.
    noleafclover

Thanks for the heads up.

We're there for 5 days, so we'll obviously spend 2 or 3 on the standard stuff. Lourve, D'Orsay, Versailles, etc. I want to go to La Defense and see that crazy, square Grand Arche. And we're going to do a chocolate tour that was in the NY Times. I'm pretty pumped.

London is not so clear to me. I want to go on the Eye, see London Tower, Buckingham Palace, maybe the crown jewels? I was thinking also taking in a play, and eating delicious Indian food.

So I'm currently living in Amsterdam 'till June. This town is unfuckingreal.

Quote Originally Posted by OneStepAhead View Post
    So I'm currently living in Amsterdam 'till June. This town is unfuckingreal.
    Cool man! im living in leeds For the semester, and we are visiting Amsterdam come March 3rd.

I have no idea where I'm staying yet... No hostel. My friend lives about 30 minutes outside of London, so might stay with him... But he has to work during the day. My friend and I aren't too keen about driving over there.

Any area's you recommend staying in?
    I used to live about 30 min outside London do you know the name of the town. Either way it's super easy to get in and out of London by train so you'll be good staying there. London is a great city and you will have an awesome time. Haven't been to Amsterdam so can't give you advice there but I have friends who have been and they said nothing bad about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauce View Post
    I used to live about 30 min outside London do you know the name of the town. Either way it's super easy to get in and out of London by train so you'll be good staying there. London is a great city and you will have an awesome time. Haven't been to Amsterdam so can't give you advice there but I have friends who have been and they said nothing bad about it.
    We stayed at my friend's place in Reading. It was a short car ride to the train station so it wasn't too bad.

Entense Supporter
    go see a sex show, was awesome. went in totally hammered and stayed for three hours[that was the rotation before the same acts started again] went with a guy and a..very hot girl. saw some crazy shit.

go to the heiniken factory/tour, was awesome. food was great. red light district was cool/crazy, didn't enter. not into sharing a girl with random dudes who were there 15 mins earlier. girls were smoking hot. everyone super nice. i will go back

Entense Supporter
    Amaterdam is cool and all, but check the date stamp nigga

Hein factory was awesoem. Van Gogh museum was too much on hash cake, but in a good way.

Member: National Organization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood

Quote Originally Posted by :tlaw: View Post
    Amaterdam is cool and all, but check the date stamp nigga
    Hahaha... I saw the thread title and I was like "sweet, I did the same exact trip!" then I saw it was my old thread.