User Tag List

Thread: Fuck Microsoft

Entense Supporter

Fuck Microsoft

Okay,

I I bought a 4000 point MS Points card from Apu in the EF Mart forum a few months ago. Since I had to verify it was legit, I put it on my live account and left the points there for some future purchase (DLC or maybe some indie games for my wife).

So about a month ago I sign in to Games for Windows LIVE to play some Fallout 3 on my computer, and I notice that my point balance reads zero. A few minutes later I was looking at my billing history to see that my account had supposedly purchased "The Sims: Medieval" on July 11th, for all 4000 points.

The only problem was that my xbox hadn't been turned on in like six weeks, and even if it had, I wouldn't be caught dead playing the Sims of any variety, let alone some overpriced piece of shit for 4000 ms points.

So I call LIVE support, and the representative is all helpful, got all my info, and said the LIVE team would investigate and I would hear back in around 15 business days. Next thing I see, I get an e-mail from Microsoft, where the first line is "We are very happy to inform you that we have detected no unauthorized use of you LIVE account..."

So I call again and get this condescending jackass on the line who tells me that it doesn't matter if I bought the game or not. All PC Game sales are nonrefundable. I'm like "I don't want a refund. My points were stolen. I simply want what was stolen returned to me." The smug ass continued to tell me tough luck so I asked for a supervisor which he refused to put one on the phone.

He told me I would be phoned within 48 hours by a supervisor. This conversation happened a week ago today.

Basically, the way I see it, my Microsoft points were in the care of Microsoft at the time they were stolen. Microsoft has an obligation to ensure that it is indeed me using said points, and obviously they did not meet this obligation. Now they're trying to hide behind a "no refunds" policy in order to avoid responsibility for their own fuckup.

So what can I do besides file complaints with the FTC, my state AG, BBB, etc?

To those, in memory still bright, Entil'Zha Veni, in Valen's Name.

Entense Supporter
    is it possible that the card had been compromised?

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GMS [AP] View Post
    is it possible that the card had been compromised?
    Once you use the points card, it becomes invalid. I had already added the points to my account (to verify before giving apu good feedback).

Ask them if they can find your IP or the IP of who purchased the game? I had to yell at them for awhile to retrieve it but they will give it to you.

Entense Supporter
    I've filed a complaint with the BBB, did a customer feedback survay, filed a complaint with the FTC and my state Attorney General. Should I call them again or wait and see if these things grease the wheels a bit?

I would call them again. I don't foresee those actions having any effect in the near future.

Entense Supporter
    so is the game on your system? or the points just went for that game?

i would try harrassing them even more. eventually, you will reach someone more understanding. eventually

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GMS [AP] View Post
    so is the game on your system? or the points just went for that game?
    I do not have the game, nor do I even have access to download the game. The points are simply gone.

Master of Posting
    If there is anything I can do, let me know.

Just PMed you the copy of the card along with the serial number just in case
    [url=http://forums.entensity.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106983&goto=lastpost]
    Hey new members, from Connecticut? Join the CT Crew now!

Entense Supporter
    Amazingly the BBB complaint did the trick. They got with me today and let me know they found the unauthorized access, credited me with the points, gave me additional points for the trouble, and had me go through a password reset and such.

great job mang

Entense Supporter
    just use threats. i harassed att uverse today. got 10 bucks off my internet for a year, everyone month. moving my pay tier from 12mb to 6mb but i keep the 12mb. i got 30usd credit one time. and i got hbo and cinemax free for 6 months.

all because my internet goes to complete shit sometimes. iv had 4 techs outs. and called them 12 times for fixing.

im probably going to have to live with uverse but atleast im paying basic now and getting free shit