User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92FS

Beretta 92FS

i'm going to be purchasing my first handgun very soon (as soon as i can get my car smogged n get my registration updated with correct address etc...)

and i was looking at the Beretta 92FS i read nothing but good reviews about this gun for its reliablity and durability. Seems to be a perfect hand gun for first buy.

jus wanted to hear some of EF members opinions on this gun and if you guys can recommend another 9mm handgun that might be good for first buy within the $500-700 range.

Walther PPQ, Glock G17/19, Smith & Wesson M&P. I personally own the Walther PPQ 9mm. Wife owns a Beretta PX4 Storm FS.
    “Don’t ever be the first…don’t ever be the last…and don’t ever volunteer to do anything….” - Unofficial Navy Creed

Entense Supporter
    What's the difference between the G17 and the G19?

smaller and lower profile on the 19.
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerWoods2 View Post
    Sorry man, I only have two modes... rape or post about idiots.

Somewhat Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by HTHRR View Post
    Walther PPQ, Glock G17/19, Smith & Wesson M&P. I personally own the Walther PPQ 9mm. Wife owns a Beretta PX4 Storm FS.
    +1 for walthers. I own a p99AS, Its a very ergonomic design, fits my hand perfectly

Best advice I can give you is go out to a range that has lots of guns to rent, try as many as you can(springfield XD9/XDM9, Walther PPQ/P99, S&W M&P, Glock 17/19,HK USP9, Beretta 92FS etc.) and buy the one you feel most comfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by akribitz View Post
    +1 for walthers. I own a p99AS, Its a very ergonomic design, fits my hand perfectly

Best advice I can give you is go out to a range that has lots of guns to rent, try as many as you can(springfield XD9/XDM9, Walther PPQ/P99, S&W M&P, Glock 17/19,HK USP9, Beretta 92FS etc.) and buy the one you feel most comfortable with.
    thanks. i've shot the glock multiple times and theres no questioning how solid and reliable the gun is. gonna have to try out the other guns but damn i just love the look of the beretta 92fs

Entense Supporter
    Hit the range. I has my heart set on the 92fs and didn't like it after shooting. Not to mention I went up in caliber after shooting too.

Member: National Organization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood

Quote Originally Posted by TommyLaw9 View Post
    Hit the range. I has my heart set on the 92fs and didn't like it after shooting. Not to mention I went up in caliber after shooting too.
    do u have anything to add to the experience of shooting the gun?? why didnt you like it? i'd love a 45 but i plan on sticking to a 9mm because of the ammunition prices.

Somewhat Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by chansta View Post
    do u have anything to add to the experience of shooting the gun?? why didnt you like it? i'd love a 45 but i plan on sticking to a 9mm because of the ammunition prices.
    I'd suggest getting a .22 instead then. Ammo is loads cheaper than 9mm. You are only going to get proficient if you go to the range often and practice. Starting off with a .22 will let you save a lot of money and let you get a lot of range time in too.

Entense Supporter
    Sig mosquito? Or what other .22 handguns could you recommend?

Entense Supporter
    Sig Mosquito isn't worth the hassle, very picky with ammo, you need to buy the HV shit, which is significantly more expensive than the bulk .22 you can get at shitmart.

Chansta, where are you in CA?

Good starter gun for .22 would be a Ruger MKIII or a Browning Buckmark if you can spring for it.

REAL Official EF IRC channel irc://irc.efnet.net/entensity
    EF first name crew. EF Survival Crew. EF Marriage Crew
    Search for "hdshizzle" or click HERE for my HD movies!
    MOTHERFUCKING JEW CREW

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyJ View Post
    Sig Mosquito isn't worth the hassle, very picky with ammo, you need to buy the HV shit, which is significantly more expensive than the bulk .22 you can get at shitmart.

Chansta, where are you in CA?

Good starter gun for .22 would be a Ruger MKIII or a Browning Buckmark if you can spring for it.
    yeah i know the 22 is alot cheaper for ammo but i really dont want a 22 as a first gun... i live in fontana, california.

Entense Supporter
    Ahh, nvm then, was going to tell you to buy from me, but my shop is up in the bay area.

REAL Official EF IRC channel irc://irc.efnet.net/entensity
    EF first name crew. EF Survival Crew. EF Marriage Crew
    Search for "hdshizzle" or click HERE for my HD movies!
    MOTHERFUCKING JEW CREW

The M9 is a big, bulky, heavy, terrible ergonomics and overpriced, other than that its a decent firearm. I assume the 92FS is pretty much the same. Thank god my branch got rid of the M9 for the Sig P229.

Bro if you want a sick first gun get a 1911, it is much more California friendly since you don't need neutered magazines to be legal 8+1 is standard for the 1911, 15+1 is standard for the 92fs. Not to mention 1911s are just plain sexy. Yes they shoot .45 but lets face it, the 9mm is a target round, the .45 is a man stopper.

I have a Colt 1911 manufactured in 1929, its still sweet shooter. I also have a Glock 27 and a Springfield Armory XD9 Service. I own all 3 calibers and by far my favorite gun is my 1911.
    Last edited by coudos; 4/22/2012 at 2:56 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyJ View Post
    Ahh, nvm then, was going to tell you to buy from me, but my shop is up in the bay area.
    i would have if i lived in the bay area.

Quote Originally Posted by coudos View Post
    The M9 is a big, bulky, heavy, terrible ergonomics and overpriced, other than that its a decent firearm. I assume the 92FS is pretty much the same. Thank god my branch got rid of the M9 for the Sig P229.

Bro if you want a sick first gun get a 1911, it is much more California friendly since you don't need neutered magazines to be legal 8+1 is standard for the 1911, 15+1 is standard for the 92fs. Not to mention 1911s are just plain sexy. Yes they shoot .45 but lets face it, the 9mm is a target round, the .45 is a man stopper.

I have a Colt 1911 manufactured in 1929, its still sweet shooter. I also have a Glock 27 and a Springfield Armory XD9 Service. I own all 3 calibers and by far my favorite gun is my 1911.
    yeah alot of reviews say that the 92fs is a bulky gun for a 9mm. i'd love to have a .45 but like i said the cost of ammunition is not something im willing to deal with considering i want to get as much practice as cheap as possible.

i'd love a sig p229 or the p226, i was also considering the sp2022 at one time.

Id go find a gun range that lets you rent guns so you can see how you like each individual gun. As far as a 9mm goes for conceal carry use, Ive always liked the Glock 26. I have a Glock 27 which is the 40 cal version. But for a small 9mm gun you cant beat the Glock 26

Entense Supporter
    ive got a 92fs. fits great in my hand and feels good to shoot

really just gotta hold a few and see what feels best

My gf's parents gave me their 92fs. It fits so snug in my large hands. I have only put about 300 rounds through it at the range but even now, i still feel like i can unload a ton of bullets with little to no recovery between shots. Its not snappy at all compared to the other guns i have shot, mainly a .38 sp.

yeah glock was actually my first thought but everyone seems to get a glock so i wanted something different (my cousin has one my uncle has one etc..)

the 92fs felt great in my hand too when i checked it out just need to go fire it to see how it feels.

I'm in love with my Glock 19. it's my first hand gun so I'm no expert. good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin View Post
    Smithers is mine, for he is a god