User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heat streak

queensbridge rawb deep :l r a w b's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    will allen huh

RaP GaMe TaYLoR SWiFT
    Quote Originally Posted by r a w b View Post
    it's nice to be a part of the audience that gets to witness it, especially at an age where i can comprehend it all. during MJ's era, i was just a kid. and while i recognize his greatness, i'm kinda bummed i never actually got to participate in watching him and his progression.
    Yeah. If they continue to play like this (or even close to it) and dominate during the playoffs, this is going to be huge. It really is cool to be able to watch it happen. Even if it does suck a bit of my soul
    Moo is a fucking geek

hell yea bitch dis go hard as hell flocka i will suck big dick team slut all day and week month year and century i love big naps D I C K S Q U A D

I have lots of Seniority jcLarke's Avatar
    Early part of the streak was impressive, beat the Rockets, Clippers, Lakers, Trail Blazers, Thunder back to back other than that the last 18 games or so have been rather easy opponents. Even then I don't consider the Rockets, Blazers or Lakers good teams as of now. Still need to win them but honestly beating the scum of the Eastern Conference isn't that impressive to me. 18 games against teams under .500 in the streak.

Hope the Bulls can somehow snap it but honestly the East is very weak this year if you ask me. The Heats have no competition. They have 4 tough games left: Bulls twice, Knicks, and the Spurs. I won't include Boston unless KG is back by then. I could see them beating the streak. However, thinking they will sweep the playoffs is absurd in my opinion.
    swag

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jcLarke View Post
    Early part of the streak was impressive, beat the Rockets, Clippers, Lakers, Trail Blazers, Thunder back to back other than that the last 18 games or so have been rather easy opponents. Even then I don't consider the Rockets, Blazers or Lakers good teams as of now. Still need to win them but honestly beating the scum of the Eastern Conference isn't that impressive to me. 18 games against teams under .500 in the streak.

Hope the Bulls can somehow snap it but honestly the East is very weak this year if you ask me. The Heats have no competition. They have 4 tough games left: Bulls twice, Knicks, and the Spurs. I won't include Boston unless KG is back by then. I could see them beating the streak. However, thinking they will sweep the playoffs is absurd in my opinion.
    but statistically, a team is more prone to lose after winning so many. the streak gets harder, regardless of the next team they're playing. remember cleveland? even the worst teams can put together dominating performances. any given night they play, they're coming in as the defending champs, with crazy media spotlighting the games. doesn't matter who they're playing, opposing teams are treating it like a game 7.

perfect example - who broke denver's streak the other night? new orleans. i just think the whole thing is miraculous

Entense Supporter

I hope this streak goes on forever. Best team ever? We shall see

RaP GaMe TaYLoR SWiFT
    but statistically, a team is more prone to lose after winning so many. the streak gets harder, regardless of the next team they're playing. remember cleveland? even the worst teams can put together dominating performances. any given night they play, they're coming in as the defending champs, with crazy media spotlighting the games. doesn't matter who they're playing, opposing teams are treating it like a game 7.

perfect example - who broke denver's streak the other night? new orleans. i just think the whole thing is miraculous
    They are definitely getting the a-game from the large majority of these teams, with the exception of a few that just rolled over.
    Moo is a fucking geek

hell yea bitch dis go hard as hell flocka i will suck big dick team slut all day and week month year and century i love big naps D I C K S Q U A D

Entense Supporter
    despite my arguments, this is a great read with some great points. it's funny how good writing can almost make this streak seem trivial

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/9...k-better-heats

Someone posts A LOT
    despite my arguments, this is a great read with some great points. it's funny how good writing can almost make this streak seem trivial

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/9...k-better-heats
    I feel like he undermines his own point with saying how Wilt used to get 15 blocks and others getting 10 steals. Just from watching the games back then to now, the difference is massive. There were a ton of skill players back then, sure, but there is no chance in hell Wilt would dominate the 2012 NBA the way he did back then. Not even close, he wouldn't be the tallest person on the court half the time, and he' be facing 2guards 5 inches shorter than him half the time.
    Totally different league, and it's useless to compare. For the sake of keeping a debate going, if Lebron played back then he would have probably averaged 15 rebounds, 5 blocks, 35-45+pts no problem. He makes top athletes look like scrubs on a nightly basis. Consider that he averages Oscar Robertson numbers except in a league so much deeper it isn't even worth comparing next to 70s NBA. It's a lot harder to compare entire teams though, so who knows what kind of streak the Heat could go on in the 70s.

Entense Supporter
    will allen huh
    Ray!

Dallas signed Will Allen today. I guess that's where my mind fucked up.
    Last edited by Abednego; 3/27/2013 at 6:43 pm.

Entense Supporter
    Well dat's dat.

Somewhat relieved. Now they can focus on getting ready for the playoffs.

I'm kinda happy, #hatersgonhate

but the realist in me know they're still favorites to repeat

Entense Supporter
    Now they should bench the big 3 and have them healthy for play offs! Woo hoo.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by k33g0rz
    the song 9 times 2 represents the confusion a teenager feels growing up not knowing basic scientific or logical thinking

I have lots of Seniority jcLarke's Avatar
    Hooray
    swag

RaP GaMe TaYLoR SWiFT
    And the record stays where it belongs
    Moo is a fucking geek

missing 4 key players and bulls still pulled it off, fucking awesome game too.

Entense Supporter
    I'm super sad. I wanted to see magic. Oh well, it just shows how impossible it really is to just win and win forever in the NBA.

Someone posts A LOT
    Bulls did what they had to and played football against Lebron.
    Great game.

Pimpin Member
    Entense Supporter
    And finally they lost to a average team.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    And finally they lost to a average team.
    With out Lerbon, Wade and Chalmers. Lol.