User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Official Motorcycle Thread

Problem:

I have a '95 Honda ACE 1100. It is having an issue holding a charge. I've replaced the battery, the stator and the regulator. Still, it won't restart after I've ridden it 30+ miles, although it will never actually shutoff even if I ride it 100+ miles until I'm out of fuel.

What gives? Something in the electrical system is obviously fucked, but what else could it be??

Someone posts A LOT
    Does the battery test good even after a long ride? When it doesn't start.. Does it turn or is it a dead key?

It tries to turn but the battery doesn't have enough juice to kick it over. I'll then put the battery on a trickle charger overnight and it fires right up the next morning. The battery tests just fine and I replaced it this spring.

Someone posts A LOT
    What's the multimeter readings at idle and engine at 5K? Strange that it'll ride for 100 miles with no issues but won't if you stop and restart. Only thing I'd lean toward would be a starter or starter connection issue.

I've been eyeballing some SV650s in the area, looks nice, seems like it would be a fun ride.

I went yesterday to a gear shop, tried on some helmets and the guy was pretty helpful in describing the different kinds of helmets, materials used, and whatnot. I think I'm going to grab a Shoei QWEST helmet, fit nicely and was pretty comfortable (a tiny bit tight, but that was normal for a new helmet I was told). Going to use BikeBandit to order and will check Revzilla as well, thanks.

Someone posts A LOT
    You can't go wrong with a SV. Fangs has one and I used to have SV1000S. Fun bikes to own.
    I love the fit of my Shoei. Pricey, but they fit me the best out of all the ones I've owned.

Entense Supporter
    I've been talking to Velocity channel's Cafe Racer TV's Director of operations about doing an episode of my as-yet un-built Bimota HB-1 CB400F... It's one of 12 in existence and would really help me out since right now with a 2 year old I don't know where I'd find the time to build the damn thing.

Any of you guys ever watch this show?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy
    Finished the round of life for the day

Someone posts A LOT
    I've seen a few episodes but the show never really peaks my interest. Don't get me wrong, I love the looks of a cafe racer and love the CB line.. Just never fully got into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Strength View Post
    I've been talking to Velocity channel's Cafe Racer TV's Director of operations about doing an episode of my as-yet un-built Bimota HB-1 CB400F... It's one of 12 in existence and would really help me out since right now with a 2 year old I don't know where I'd find the time to build the damn thing.

Any of you guys ever watch this show?
    One of my former clients is a builder on Cafe Racer, but I cut him loose after he went three years without paying me. Fucking dirtbag biker scum.

Entense Supporter
    Some asshole jammed cement or some sort of white powder in my gas tank lock so I can't open it to fill up. I tried taking the lock mechanism off just to realize that the lock actually locks it into the gas tank.

Someone posts A LOT
    What kind of motorcycle @cowfit?

Entense Supporter
    Ninja 650r

Someone posts A LOT
    Your options are limited. Either hammer the crap out of the tumbler and manually open the cap (did this on the trunk of my 67 Mustang). You can either take a very thin pick and try to remove what's in the hole. Or if you want to remove the cap, you need to drill a small hole into the cap itself to access the security screw under the cap. Then you can remove the whole assembly.

Someone posts A LOT
    For example, see how they placed a hole in the cap

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403663320.561631.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Entense Supporter
    that's seriously fucked up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy
    Finished the round of life for the day

Entense Supporter
    I tried picking out the stuff, and even blowing compressed air into it to try and get it out, but nothing worked so I'm going to hammer out the tumbler. I already ordered a new gas cap from amazon, it's just shitty because it's taking away my transportation for a bit over a week.

Someone posts A LOT
    Once you hammer out the tumbler, you should be able to place the key in there to turn the locking device. Your transportation still should be able to be used until the new cap arrives. Maybe when you put the new cap on, don't install the inside screw just in case this happens again. This way you just turn the three hex screws to pull out the cap completely if you need to fill up again.

Someone posts A LOT
    Added a decal to the inside of my windscreen. Going to replace it soon with a Zero Gravity windscreen. The decal adds 10HP right?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403712512.006451.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Entense Supporter
    I have a random question, do any of you guys ride without a speedo? or know guys with modded/vintage bikes who do so?

If so, would there be interest in an alternative option to knowing your speed but still maintaining the desired "clean" look of your bikes?

Someone posts A LOT
    All my bikes have had a speedo as they were all pretty new(ish).. My grandfather rides without speedos on most of his bikes. Maintaining speed isn't that difficult when there is traffic. Alone it's a judgement. If you think you're going too fast, you prob are lol.