User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The New Official Motorcycle Thread

Entense Supporter
    06 DRZ 400 sm

Sold my MR2 and used the money to buy the bike and with what I had left I actually saved some cash and put it in the bank!

I have been riding it around the neighborhood like a hooligan. This thing is so much fun I can't belive I'm 26 and this is my first bike.

Taking the safety course this weekend to get my license. It's so hard not to ride this thing all the time.
    Last edited by FlyingWrench2; 8/05/2015 at 3:03 pm.

Someone posts A LOT
    Those bikes are a blast to ride. For a 400, that thing will get up and go. Plus lift the wheels without even trying. Nice purchase.

2009 BMW F650GS (the 800cc version, parallel twin)

Quote Originally Posted by TigerWoods2 View Post
    Sorry man, I only have two modes... rape or post about idiots.

hey dudes, @Dr. Fangs404 @Staggie what were some of the books/dvds you suggested for novice riders? I've had my license for almost ten years but it's been 8 or 9 years since i've been on a motorbike.

Someone posts A LOT
    @conanobrennan I think it was called Twist the Throttle if I do remember. And nice bike! My Dad owned a K1300 and racked up a lot of mileage.

already put over 1k on it. went down to LA and back last weekend. definitely need to work on high speed curves. Got a little spooked going on CA 154 on my way back. I know the bike can out corner me and I'm sure ABS will save me at some point but wasn't feeling that comfortable in some of the freeway speed curves.

Someone posts A LOT
    I have no high speed cornering on my bike lol. Nothing makes you pucker more than your forward control peg kicking off the pavement and bouncing the bike up lol. @conanobrennan. Over time you'll gain the confidence, took me a few months when I purchased my first "street bike".

Entense Supporter
    It's Twist of the Wrist, and its worth a watch. Even as a more experienced rider it has some good advice in it

Entense Supporter
    Bought this beast around November. Got it for a steal and it is super clean.

Imo dirt riding is so much more fun than riding on the streets.

2002 yz125

Summer is coming, and I had a few questions getting ready for the riding season (06' SV650):

1) I want to install some LED turn signals, tail lights, and either an LED or HID headlight bulb (but keep my headlight housing). Anyone have experience with these things?

2) I bought the bike three years ago, and have had things like the drive chain fixed up, oil changes, plugs, air filter, new tires done. But, I was wondering if I should be also replacing every few years things like clutch cable, fuel lines, etc. Manual shows I should replace brake and coolant every two years, and since I don't have a record of what was done before I'm not if it has ever been done.

Someone posts A LOT
    Every bike I get, I always go through the bike and all fluids/filters. Brake fluid is always changed, but I'd def change that fluid. How's the fork oil?

And I run LED on my wife's bike. I had to buy a device to plug in between in order to slow the flash rate. Now it looks good.

Was planning on doing an ironbutt today (1,000mi in 24 hrs) and my bmw decided to give me the dreaded EWS (electronic immobilizer) fault. better in my driveway than some gas station in bakersfield... boy i'm glad i got that mechanical warranty for it

A Moto Guild just opened up in my area, not sure if anyone has heard of them, originally started in Cali

they're like a workshop where you (pay $$) to learn how to do maintenance on your own bike:
    basic general intro class
    intermediate class
    oil change class ($50)
    chain/sprocket ($115)
    wheel/tire ($115 for both wheels)
    brakes (flush,pads+flush)
    ecu
    valves, etc.

You use their tools and equip, but parts are on you.

What do you guys think? Is it a ripoff? I don't know much about shit, and I figure pay once and I'll know what tools I need and do it on my own from then on. I'll probably stop by there and have them look at my chain/sprocket to see if it needs to be replaced and then sign up for the class.

Someone posts A LOT
    Man, hardly check this thread. I dunno, I guess it's only worth it if you think it is. I saw buy a service manual for your bike and learn that way. Most of the Stuff is pretty simple.

@Staggie

Not sure if you still check this forum or not, but I had a question

I thought I had an SV650, turns out, I had bought (3 years ago) an SV650S with all the fairings removed. Oh well, I don't care, I like naked.

However, I recently went to replace my chain and sprockets, and because I thought I had a SV650, I bought a 110 link chain, when in fact I needed 108 (I kept my old chain and counted, so this is how I figured this bike was a 650S).

Can I just remove the two extra links and use only one pin I press myself, or should I just get a whole new chain? I was thinking I would just remove my master along with one set of inner and one set of outer, leaving me two inner plates ready for a new master.

Tagging @AftermatH @conanobrennan and @FlyingWrench2 because I see you guys around still from time to time.
    Last edited by Cutter; 6/08/2017 at 4:17 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    @Staggie

Not sure if you still check this forum or not, but I had a question

I thought I had an SV650, turns out, I had bought (3 years ago) an SV650S with all the fairings removed. Oh well, I don't care, I like naked.

However, I recently went to replace my chain and sprockets, and because I thought I had a SV650, I bought a 110 link chain, when in fact I needed 108 (I kept my old chain and counted, so this is how I figured this bike was a 650S).

Can I just remove the two extra links and use only one pin I press myself, or should I just get a whole new chain? I was thinking I would just remove my master along with one set of inner and one set of outer, leaving me two inner plates ready for a new master.

Tagging @AftermatH @conanobrennan and @FlyingWrench2 because I see you guys around still from time to time.
    yeah you can totally remove links... like you said - you'd have to remove 2 at a time, so the chain itself - both ends are female... so your master link can go into them.

you have tools for that? If you have a "chain breaker" I wouldn't use that to start with... I'd grind down the head so it's flush, then it wouldn't fuck up your chain breaker

I have a chain breaker, and it worked (with some muscle) on my old chain.

Sadly, I couldn't find a master link that was same color (orange) as this chain, but I don't care. Will make it easier to find my master next time.