User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Galaxy S5

Entense Supporter
    If you missed Google I/O yesterday. We'll be able to cast our screens to the Google Chromecast later in the summer. We'll probably require and update and it'll remove root. You'll need to go through ODIN next time to keep root most likely.

L sounds cool, but it won't come to Samsung unless we flash a stock rom. Maybe Google will sell the S5 on it's Play Store with the L release.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by wastedkila View Post
    If you missed Google I/O yesterday. We'll be able to cast our screens to the Google Chromecast later in the summer. We'll probably require and update and it'll remove root. You'll need to go through ODIN next time to keep root most likely.

L sounds cool, but it won't come to Samsung unless we flash a stock rom. Maybe Google will sell the S5 on it's Play Store with the L release.
    Nice, yeah I missed it. I didn't plan on getting Chromecast so it won't really apply to me unless my mind changes. Good to know though.

Entense Supporter
    Got my new case today.

uploadfromtaptalk1404849598140.jpguploadfromtaptalk1404849598140.jpg

I originally bought it on amazon but they sent the wrong one for the S4. I ended up getting a refund almost immediately after i sent proof it was wrong, then ordered it on eBay for 3 cheaper. Not a bad deal.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by wastedkila View Post
    Got my new case today.

uploadfromtaptalk1404849598140.jpguploadfromtaptalk1404849598140.jpg

I originally bought it on amazon but they sent the wrong one for the S4. I ended up getting a refund almost immediately after i sent proof it was wrong, then ordered it on eBay for 3 cheaper. Not a bad deal.
    I think I bought the same one. The side plastic piece by the volume rocker recently broke off. So I bought this new one instead:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just got the S5 active, it was the same price and it felt a little more rugged which will be good for work.

Loving this phone. Upgraded from the S3 and the battery life is enough alone to make me happy I got it.

havingaseriouslylooseanus
    So I've had this phone for a few months now (with verizon) and I'm not as happy with it as I thought I'd be. The bloatware on this thing is rigoddamndiculous and irks the shit out of me. Anyhow, I'd love to get a stock android rom running on this phone (is that possible? This is my first android device and I know shit about rooting/custom roms). I know it was a problem installing custom roms in the past due to protection on the phone, but does anyone know if there's been and updates/progress with getting rid of this shitty verizon rom?

Also, there's an update available. Should I run it or hold off if I'm interested in putting custom rom?

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Elastic View Post
    So I've had this phone for a few months now (with verizon) and I'm not as happy with it as I thought I'd be. The bloatware on this thing is rigoddamndiculous and irks the shit out of me. Anyhow, I'd love to get a stock android rom running on this phone (is that possible? This is my first android device and I know shit about rooting/custom roms). I know it was a problem installing custom roms in the past due to protection on the phone, but does anyone know if there's been and updates/progress with getting rid of this shitty verizon rom?

Also, there's an update available. Should I run it or hold off if I'm interested in putting custom rom?
    http://galaxys5root.com/galaxy-s5-ro...-s5-towelroot/

It doesn't matter if you do it now or wait for the update to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    http://galaxys5root.com/galaxy-s5-ro...-s5-towelroot/

It doesn't matter if you do it now or wait for the update to be honest.

No word yet on custom roms though?

Entense Supporter
    No word yet on custom roms though?
    There are a couple ROMs here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/veri...s5/development

There's not nearly as many S5 ROMs as there are S3 or S4 for whatever reason. Not sure why.

Thanks. I'd like to just get a stock android, which I don't see there.

Thanks. I'd like to just get a stock android, which I don't see there.
    nvm i'm a dummy

i must have been tired last night cuz i swear i didn't see it lol. i might attempt to do this tomorrow!

thanks again

Late to the party I got the s5 about two weeks ago and I looooove it. It's on tmobile and everything is great. Next to no bloat, amazing coverage and speed and the phone itself is so responsive I tend to use it over my laptop.

The only single problem I've had arise is with the YouTube app. Sometimes videos freeze about a minute in. The audio keeps playing but the video stops and I have to drag to a different time to get it to reload and unfreeze.

Anyone else having this problem? I tried removing the updates and still it persists.
    Seems Legit - Nitro - Hollywood Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by LEGIT View Post
    Late to the party I got the s5 about two weeks ago and I looooove it. It's on tmobile and everything is great. Next to no bloat, amazing coverage and speed and the phone itself is so responsive I tend to use it over my laptop.

The only single problem I've had arise is with the YouTube app. Sometimes videos freeze about a minute in. The audio keeps playing but the video stops and I have to drag to a different time to get it to reload and unfreeze.

Anyone else having this problem? I tried removing the updates and still it persists.
    Youtube is always a problem on this phone, even using Chrome.

My contract ends I think next year. I'm still on my S3. I'll probably pick this baby up.

Entense Supporter
    Got my S5 this weekend. Got my case and glass screen protector on. Getting my wireless charging coil today that I'm going to install. Taking that door off the charging port each time you want to plug in is such a pain in the ass. So wireless charging will solve that.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vernSL View Post
    Got my S5 this weekend. Got my case and glass screen protector on. Getting my wireless charging coil today that I'm going to install. Taking that door off the charging port each time you want to plug in is such a pain in the ass. So wireless charging will solve that.
    The door doesn't bother me too much. But I can definitely see how an otterbox case would make that a big pain in the ass.

Do you know if there are any specific ROMs for the S5? I can't really seem to find any than 1 or 2 on XDA.

Entense Supporter
    Even without a case I struggle to get that thing off. I have no fingernails at all though, and it's like impossible to get them under the door. I wish they had included wireless charging to begin with.

There are only a couple ROMs, and they aren't anything drastically different than the stock ROM. The bootloader isn't unlocked, so we don't have anything like Cyanogen or stock Android for it. Basically the ROMs we can install are just stock with some tweaks done to them. I'm not even going to bother installing any.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vernSL View Post
    Even without a case I struggle to get that thing off. I have no fingernails at all though, and it's like impossible to get them under the door. I wish they had included wireless charging to begin with.

There are only a couple ROMs, and they aren't anything drastically different than the stock ROM. The bootloader isn't unlocked, so we don't have anything like Cyanogen or stock Android for it. Basically the ROMs we can install are just stock with some tweaks done to them. I'm not even going to bother installing any.
    Yeah it's actually pretty smooth without any tweaking. I have mine rooted just in case I decide to do something with it, but it's fine the way it is now.

I love my S5. Before this phone I was always using the moto droids. night and day difference.

Entense Supporter
    I'm going to be returning my S5 tomorrow. Just not that thrilled about it. My old Moto X is quicker than the S5 even though the processor is much slower. Opening apps, multitasking, etc are all faster on my Moto X.

I'll be waiting for the Moto X+1 and all the other phones to be announced the first week of Sep and make a decision for a new phone then.

But for those looking for a case, I ended up purchasing a bunch and the Magpul case is by far my favorite. I'll probably have some accessories left over that I won't be able to return if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by vernSL; 8/21/2014 at 4:03 pm.