User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 103

Thread: Galaxy S5

  1. #81
    Bad-ass Member GMS [AP]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    retired
    Posts
    605
    Points
    1,321 (32,872 Banked)
    yeah

  2. #82
    Bad-ass Member wastedkila's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    753
    Points
    34 (80,262 Banked)
    There's a L Release available that you can put on your phone G900F model. Not sure if it works on other models though. I put it on mine a few days ago.

    http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...1bnl9-t2986539 is the XDA link for the information on how it's done. Uses a stable L released by Samsung. You root by stocking to 4.2.2 then upgrading from that point. Forces the use of the ART runtime.

    It's compatible with most apps I have. I find some of the random ones like Let Me Out or Solitaire haven't been updated yet, but will eventually or I'll find alternatives.

    I don't use the TW OS, but run Nova Launcher instead with L themes.

  3. #83
    Resident Fist Pumper Blade's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    NJ 201
    Age
    29
    Posts
    13,889
    Points
    3,071 (13,633,068 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by wastedkila View Post
    There's a L Release available that you can put on your phone G900F model. Not sure if it works on other models though. I put it on mine a few days ago.

    http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...1bnl9-t2986539 is the XDA link for the information on how it's done. Uses a stable L released by Samsung. You root by stocking to 4.2.2 then upgrading from that point. Forces the use of the ART runtime.

    It's compatible with most apps I have. I find some of the random ones like Let Me Out or Solitaire haven't been updated yet, but will eventually or I'll find alternatives.

    I don't use the TW OS, but run Nova Launcher instead with L themes.
    Is upgrading to Lollipop worth it? Any functional changes or new features?

    I've gotten a ton of system updates from Samsung, but since i rooted with Towelroot, they fail every single time. The phone is still stable regardless.

  4. #84
    Bad-ass Member wastedkila's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    753
    Points
    34 (80,262 Banked)
    It has the bluetooth unlock feature which is cool. saves me from using my fingerprint everytime even at home.

    feature wise i wouldn't say that there is much. the apps run with ART not Dalvik if that means anything. I wouldn't know if it was any faster or not honestly.

    The updates will fail all the time OTA if the device is rooted. You'll need to flash a stock rom in order to update. you'll lose root though, and have to flash it with the proper version of your phone.

    Secure Settings with tasker can override the fingerprint reader now so it's not vitally important to run L. maybe in the coming months it'll be more worth it

  5. #85
    Resident Fist Pumper Blade's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    NJ 201
    Age
    29
    Posts
    13,889
    Points
    3,071 (13,633,068 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by wastedkila View Post
    It has the bluetooth unlock feature which is cool. saves me from using my fingerprint everytime even at home.

    feature wise i wouldn't say that there is much. the apps run with ART not Dalvik if that means anything. I wouldn't know if it was any faster or not honestly.

    The updates will fail all the time OTA if the device is rooted. You'll need to flash a stock rom in order to update. you'll lose root though, and have to flash it with the proper version of your phone.

    Secure Settings with tasker can override the fingerprint reader now so it's not vitally important to run L. maybe in the coming months it'll be more worth it
    Bluetooth unlock?

    I'll probably just wait until my next upgrade unless my S5 starts to slow down. I have all the bloatware apps frozen with TitaniumBackup so there hasn't been any lag yet. I also make sure to uninstall games and apps I don't use for over a month. The root is more or less to get some extra small functionality (like long pressing the back key to kill an app), but that's about it.

  6. #86
    The Fucking King! :mega:'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,488
    Points
    927 (4,709,065 Banked)
    sooo, got promoted to service technician at work and got a work netbook

    wanted to root my S5 and use it as a mobile hotspot since I have an old unlimited everything plan from AT&T. I did recently update to 5.0, am I fucked?

  7. #87
    Bad-ass Member wastedkila's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    753
    Points
    34 (80,262 Banked)
    I have a rooted s5 and I still have access to use mobile tethering. It's an option in the pulldown menu with 2 fingers.

  8. #88
    Not a New Bitch
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    59
    Points
    59 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by :mega: View Post
    sooo, got promoted to service technician at work and got a work netbook

    wanted to root my S5 and use it as a mobile hotspot since I have an old unlimited everything plan from AT&T. I did recently update to 5.0, am I fucked?
    No need to root for to access hotspot wifi!
    James Br
    [IMG]http://imageshack.website/d/Akwpa-Skj2.jpg

  9. #89
    The Fucking King! :mega:'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,488
    Points
    927 (4,709,065 Banked)
    mobile hotspot is blocked by my wireless provider you inbreds

  10. #90
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    vietnam
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3
    Points
    3 (0 Banked)
    Tiny Tanks is a best game in the world. you will have fun experiencing the same head soccer 2 liability. What head soccer 2 let's play, relax with a television. explore the galaxy with Run 3 Unblocked . Run 3 Unblocked is a great game. you use your wits to overcome challenges with Run Unblocked. have fun
    Last edited by kinhdoanh10001; 1/31/2016 at 9:46 am. Reason: h

  11. #91
    Someone posts A LOT cowfit's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,050
    Points
    715 (2,820,535 Banked)
    My S5 has gone to shit. It will just give up on trying to get signal and I'll have to restart it to get signal again. The screen also isn't always responsive.

  12. #92
    The Fucking King! :mega:'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,488
    Points
    927 (4,709,065 Banked)
    yeah mine is slow af and just overall useless at this point, been looking at the nexus 6P

  13. #93
    Spengler chillestbrocop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Philly
    Age
    31
    Posts
    7,568
    Points
    1,894 (2,452,397 Banked)
    AT&T couldn't push the 5.1 update to my phone. Had to factory reset the jawn.

  14. #94
    Entensity Vet LEGIT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    PARTS UNKOWN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,570
    Points
    5,651 (58,422 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by cowfit View Post
    My S5 has gone to shit. It will just give up on trying to get signal and I'll have to restart it to get signal again. The screen also isn't always responsive.
    Mine only has performance issues when I'm attempting to run taxing apps on low battery or after a long period without restarting. I use my Google play in my car and if I accidentally have my podcast app, instagram(which is a giant resource hog apparently) Facebook chat and chrome or something open when I plug it into my stereo, it basically becomes unresponsive. I'll have to restart it just to get it back to life.
    Seems Legit - Nitro - Hollywood Hogan

  15. #95
    New Bitch
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Viet Nam
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1
    Points
    1 (0 Banked)
    Thanks for sharing this valuable information to our vision

  16. #96
    Misanthrope hilux's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Paradigm City
    Age
    28
    Posts
    29,814
    Points
    54,019 (20,616,314 Banked)
    Viet NAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM


    Quote Originally Posted by HipHoptimus View Post
    Hold on can't hear you, kicking this bee's nest.
    hilux.LA

  17. #97
    New Bitch
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Ha Noi
    Age
    22
    Posts
    4
    Points
    4 (0 Banked)
    This is extremely helpful info!! Very good work. Everything is very interesting to learn and easy to understood. Thank you for giving information.

  18. #98
    Spengler chillestbrocop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Philly
    Age
    31
    Posts
    7,568
    Points
    1,894 (2,452,397 Banked)
    Wtf

  19. #99
    New Bitch
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Ha Noi
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1
    Points
    1 (0 Banked)
    Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

  20. #100
    Misanthrope hilux's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Paradigm City
    Age
    28
    Posts
    29,814
    Points
    54,019 (20,616,314 Banked)
    HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NOI


    Quote Originally Posted by HipHoptimus View Post
    Hold on can't hear you, kicking this bee's nest.
    hilux.LA

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •