User Tag List

Thread: Russell Brand Calls Fox News A 'Fanatical Terrorist Propagandist Organization'

Russell Brand Calls Fox News A 'Fanatical Terrorist Propagandist Organization'

Entense Supporter
    is he still spouting this shit again?

Quote Originally Posted by HipHoptimus View Post
    Hold on can't hear you, kicking this bee's nest.
    hilux.LA

Engorged Member H.I. McDunnough's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    They are fanatical dipshits. But then again, no more or less than MSNBC

Edit: so because they disagree with his politics they are terrorists? God damn people are fucking stupid.
    Last edited by H.I. McDunnough; 6/26/2014 at 7:49 am.

Entense Supporter
    youre delusional if you think msnbc espouses the same level of bullshit as fox news
    http://forums.entensity.net/signaturepics/sigpic19077_2.gif

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by eedna View Post
    youre delusional if you think msnbc espouses the same level of bullshit as fox news
    Lol ok. But just so we're clear, you're wrong.

Entense Supporter
    Off topic, but I want to state because the topic came up a little while ago: anybody that thinks NPR is even akin to the propaganda machine on par with Fox loses all credibility with me.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 8 bit View Post
    Off topic, but I want to state because the topic came up a little while ago: anybody that thinks NPR is even akin to the propaganda machine on par with Fox loses all credibility with me.
    Sad that NPR and fucking AlJazeera are the least biased news sources in the US. Seriously though, why the fuck do I have to visit a foreign new outlet to find out WTF is going on in my own country??

The cancer within the press today is the goal of getting people to leave the channel on their station or return to it when you desire news. They generally do this in two ways; they cater to partisan rhetoric and/or shock their viewers with "unfathomable injustices".

Where is the truth? What is the truth? Should news even be truthful?

The media will spin the same story in different ways to divide us into an "us versus them" mentality. As a result, discussions like this pop up where people bash all other news stations except the one they trust the most. They cater to our tendency towards Henri Tajfel's "Social Identity Theory" or our desire to be in a group, promote that group's validity, to rise within that group, and to enhance our group by focusing on the differences and negative aspects of other out groups.

So, where is the truth? News stations offer a service. They read and research the happenings of the day. Afterwards, they explain it in a concise manner that doesn't consume an inordinate amount of your time. Herein lies the problem; they are at liberty to omit, skew, spin, and offer biased explanations for each and every story. The truth, oddly enough, is in the original, unadulterated story that exists before the news outlets chew it up and spit it at the public.

What is the truth? The truth is often a personal opinion held by the person reading the story. Admittedly, those opinions can change with the tides but most people, especially men, have a ridiculously hard time opening their minds to the facts that they could be wrong and that they are probably wrong often. In short, I personally don't believe there is a defined truth but rather we all have our separate prisms that distort the facts of a story to cater to our own delusions of right and wrong.

Should news even be truthful? The press, despite its peer reviewed nature, has enormous powers of persuasion. And maybe the ultimate goal, in order to maintain viewership and ratings, is to convince the viewers that their station/website/etc... is the only real choice so why bother with reading the same story somewhere else. From a business perspective, truth could be detrimental to the economic stability of their enterprise; this is especially true if the truth conflicts with the views of their viewer base. Case in point, abortion versus overpopulation. Fox news, with its primarily conservative viewer base, would be shooting themselves in the foot if they claimed that abortion was a means to an end when overpopulation is considered. Likewise, MSNBC would be doing the same if they claimed that government assistance was doing more harm than good by creating a sector of society whom was growing too dependent on handouts. (Maybe they've said these particular things... I dunno... I'm just conveying a point)

It's easy to stand on a soapbox and bitch about how biased a particular news source might be. The answer is to research the source of the news story or at very least read the same story from multiple perspectives. I like the NY Times and the Wall St Journal. They, in my opinion, tend to lean more towards the center despite their left and right respective leanings. Regardless of whom you prefer, try to do a little more research before coming to any conclusion. Read the 1,000+ page legislation that Congress passed. Study the religious motivations of those whom you condemn. Most importantly, keep an open mind and listen to all concerns, especially when you initially disagree.

Entense Supporter
    What a great post.

A Non-comedic comedian comments about a non-news news channel.

Fucking typical new bitch post.