User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post Anything - Personal Photography Thread

Entense Supporter

Post Anything - Personal Photography Thread

I guess we lost the other "Post anything" thread... Damn.
    Only post your own pictures, ask for critique, or don't, I'm sure you'll get some anyway.

So lets get it going again. I just got back from San Fran again and got some cool shots. I only brought my Sigma 30mm F1.4 ART prime(I love it.)

Entense Supporter
    That 2nd one is bad ass.

Don't like the vignetting on the last one though, still a good shot.

Here are a couple of mine. Don't shoot that much lately, busy with work shit.

Grand-High Poster
    sick pics dudes, let's keep this one going. Graphic display totally died, time to bring it back

Entense Supporter
    Was in SF for the 4th of July fireworks. Best set I've ever seen. Super busy so couldn't set up my camera anywhere great, so I did my best.

Last edited by Hodginsa; 8/04/2014 at 11:03 am.

Entense Supporter
    Haven't shot much since I last posted!

Spent some time with a Corgi:

Obligatory Squirrel Photo:

Had some work to do on the 43rd floor of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Tower so I took a picture through a shitty window. You can also kind of see them setting up for Lolla:

The stupid shitty fucking Bean:

Was asked by a friend to take pictures of his Rabbit he's selling, but this is all I put up from it:

Entense Supporter
    Love the squirrel, and window shots are so iffy and I hate taking them but that one turned out well.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodginsa View Post
    Love the squirrel, and window shots are so iffy and I hate taking them but that one turned out well.
    Thanks.

Haven't shot much since then but:

Entense Supporter
    Gotta make a poster for my ring so I was experimenting with some shots for it. Went with the second one since the poster is going in a fashion show, but its more subtle on the poster in illustrator than it is on here, for print/web reasons. The first one turned out cool by not removing my shitty backdrop in post haha

Nice work Nix. What are all those orange things?

p.s. resurrect creeper thread plz?
    Relationships are ropes that bind. Love is a noose.

Add ME on steam.

"when man say "no can lift that" you look at that man and say "i can lift that" and then lift that and then the man say that wuz gud and you say i know

you can get judge by ppl but you can will know ppl judge no rly matter" -A random dude's sig from a bodybuild forum.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzo View Post
    Nice work Nix. What are all those orange things?

p.s. resurrect creeper thread plz?
    Thanks, those are aphids killing some plant & nah because we have snitches!

Gotta make a poster for my ring so I was experimenting with some shots for it. Went with the second one since the poster is going in a fashion show, but its more subtle on the poster in illustrator than it is on here, for print/web reasons. The first one turned out cool by not removing my shitty backdrop in post haha

[IMG/]http://hodginsa.com/pics/Ringshot-1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG/]http://hodginsa.com/pics/Ringshot-2.jpg[/IMG]
    Dat fringing though. Cool concept I guess. What does your ring do again I forget

Also haven't been shooting too much, did catch an Airshow but other than that I've been too busy:

@Nix oh cool. You spit the truth

Lol is that a fly on some dried up shit?

Add ME on steam.

"when man say "no can lift that" you look at that man and say "i can lift that" and then lift that and then the man say that wuz gud and you say i know

you can get judge by ppl but you can will know ppl judge no rly matter" -A random dude's sig from a bodybuild forum.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    Thanks, those are aphids killing some plant & nah because we have snitches!

Dat fringing though. Cool concept I guess. What does your ring do again I forget
    Yeah that purple and green was bugging me, but I don't do too much light setup stuff and I'm guessing it was the culprit. I had two 6500k photo lights behind me, and wanted to get as narrow DOF as possible. How do I prevent it?

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzo View Post
    @Nix oh cool. You spit the truth

Lol is that a fly on some dried up shit?
    Nah it's on my computer chair where I spilled Mac & Cheese like a while ago. Macro lenses will see that shit.

Yeah that purple and green was bugging me, but I don't do too much light setup stuff and I'm guessing it was the culprit. I had two 6500k photo lights behind me, and wanted to get as narrow DOF as possible. How do I prevent it?
    You can easily fix it in post but what did you use to take that? Some f/1.4 or f/1.8 lens?

Because it'd be easier to use a telephoto lens.

I am not sure what you were trying to achieve, I assume high key lightning, if so this doesn't really apply to your lighting setup but you can see how one would do it with flashes/radio triggers:

Entense Supporter
    Just gain some focus on the ring and have a light background. Its going to be a fashiony type electronics show so I have to follow a template/design. I'm happy with how it looks, the conversion to jpg emphasized it, and it looks a lot better in CMYK which is what the raw was ultimately put into.

I used my 30mm F1.4 sigma prime that I use for everything. Don't have a lot of time to mess with it, since its just a poster.

The ring generates electricity to light an LED, the energy is from the wearers body heat. My poster is going to fake this effect by having a copper "hand" shape on it saying "touch here to harvest energy" and when someone puts their hand on the plate it will make the ring on the poster light up. I will also be there to showcase the actual ring as well.

Entense Supporter
    Just gain some focus on the ring and have a light background. Its going to be a fashiony type electronics show so I have to follow a template/design. I'm happy with how it looks, the conversion to jpg emphasized it, and it looks a lot better in CMYK which is what the raw was ultimately put into.

I used my 30mm F1.4 sigma prime that I use for everything. Don't have a lot of time to mess with it, since its just a poster.

The ring generates electricity to light an LED, the energy is from the wearers body heat. My poster is going to fake this effect by having a copper "hand" shape on it saying "touch here to harvest energy" and when someone puts their hand on the plate it will make the ring on the poster light up. I will also be there to showcase the actual ring as well.
    Ok. I guess the first one is cool because the focus is on the ring but I like the 2nd one better with regards to the presentation/lighting but what is distracting is your blurred face in the background. Should either be more blurred or a bit sharper and yeah the fringing.

Also ahh yeah. That's cool I guess. Do you have plans to expand that feature? Maybe get it to work on 1 finger instead of 2 or does it need 2 to create enough power?

Grand-High Poster
    I was sent on a pretty sweet assignment to shoot the 2014 season opener between the UW Huskies and UH Rainbow Warriors at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu. Here are some pics!

Coach by kyuis, on Flickr

Aloha Stadium by kyuis, on Flickr

Haka! by kyuis, on Flickr

Rainbow Warriors by kyuis, on Flickr

Getting Psyched by kyuis, on Flickr

Washington Jukes by kyuis, on Flickr

Husky fans at Aloha Stadium by kyuis, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Yolo Tamasi View Post
    lol the black dudes face

Add ME on steam.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolo Tamasi View Post
    I was sent on a pretty sweet assignment to shoot the 2014 season opener between the UW Huskies and UH Rainbow Warriors at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu. Here are some pics!

Getting Psyched by kyuis, on Flickr

Cool shots but is this guy really small or is it the angle?

I haven't had time to shoot much but decided to try my hand at making a "Gear Gun":

That one is dope.

Add ME on steam.

Grand-High Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    Cool shots but is this guy really small or is it the angle?

I haven't had time to shoot much but decided to try my hand at making a "Gear Gun":

[imbg]https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5561/15271985406_5fed2e514e_b.jpg[/img]
    #21? He's smallish for a football player but he's six foot and 190 pounds. He's also in front of a lineman and it's shot at 400mm and cropped so it's super compressed.