User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43

Thread: Ketosis!

  1. #21
    Resident Fist Pumper Blade's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    NJ 201
    Age
    29
    Posts
    13,886
    Points
    3,068 (12,878,082 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elastic View Post
    Not at all since I'm used to it. Last year when I first started I felt like shit for a week.

    I even biked yesterday too for an hour.
    That's good. A lot of people when restricting carbs down that low get that "keto flu" where it feels like you're sick for a few days. I remember getting it when I first started.. it sucked.

  2. #22
    havingaseriouslylooseanus
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,790
    Points
    5,177 (411,617 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    That's good. A lot of people when restricting carbs down that low get that "keto flu" where it feels like you're sick for a few days. I remember getting it when I first started.. it sucked.
    I had that last October when I first started. I was also pissing like a maniac. I've been more or less sticking to counting carbs (not gonna say low, just controlling them) when I was "off" the diet. The only time I straight up ate what ever the fuck I wanted was when I was on vacation in May out in Montauk.

    Anyhow, today is my second day counting shit thoroughly and I already figured out my problem...I was over eating like a fat fuck lol. I guess my rough estimations of content were inaccurate and even though I was sticking to 20 carbs, I must have been consuming too many calories.

  3. #23
    havingaseriouslylooseanus
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,790
    Points
    5,177 (411,617 Banked)
    See, now check out this weirdness. I took a nap before for like 3 hours, woke up and pissed on a stick and it was pale. This is what's confusing the shit out of me -_- I definitely didn't fuck up today so what gives?

  4. #24
    Resident Fist Pumper Blade's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    NJ 201
    Age
    29
    Posts
    13,886
    Points
    3,068 (12,878,082 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elastic View Post
    See, now check out this weirdness. I took a nap before for like 3 hours, woke up and pissed on a stick and it was pale. This is what's confusing the shit out of me -_- I definitely didn't fuck up today so what gives?
    List every single thing you ate today.

  5. #25
    havingaseriouslylooseanus
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,790
    Points
    5,177 (411,617 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    List every single thing you ate today.


    This was like 10 mins ago.

    As for the list, bear in mind I over estimate a bit.



    Maybe I should disregard the sticks and see what the scale says in a week or two?

  6. #26
    Resident Fist Pumper Blade's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    NJ 201
    Age
    29
    Posts
    13,886
    Points
    3,068 (12,878,082 Banked)
    Alright, let's go through this... I'm getting my numbers by typing nutritional info into Google so bear with me.

    1 tbsp butter = 0.1 carbs
    Half oz cheese = 0.15 carbs
    Eggs aren't 0 carbs. They're 0.6. Even though that's a small amount, you're still looking at 0.6 * 3 = 1.8 carbs == ~2g.
    Cream = 2.5 carbs.

    Breakfast total carbs: 4.75g carbs, not 2g.

    Lunch numbers look good -- double check the peppers though.

    Dinner numbers also look good -- double check on peppers onions and asparagus. They can be carby. I know asparagus is like 0.6g carbs per stick, but you didn't list how many you had, nor do I know how much onion and pepper you had.

  7. #27
    havingaseriouslylooseanus
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,790
    Points
    5,177 (411,617 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    Alright, let's go through this... I'm getting my numbers by typing nutritional info into Google so bear with me.

    1 tbsp butter = 0.1 carbs
    Half oz cheese = 0.15 carbs
    Eggs aren't 0 carbs. They're 0.6. Even though that's a small amount, you're still looking at 0.6 * 3 = 1.8 carbs == ~2g.
    Cream = 2.5 carbs.

    Breakfast total carbs: 4.75g carbs, not 2g.

    Lunch numbers look good -- double check the peppers though.

    Dinner numbers also look good -- double check on peppers onions and asparagus. They can be carby. I know asparagus is like 0.6g carbs per stick, but you didn't list how many you had, nor do I know how much onion and pepper you had.
    For lunch, my wife prepped it for me. She's swearing it's three. I'll double check things tonight myself by weighing it before I cook it.

    That dinner, I had 3 medium asparagus chopped up. My wife probably roughed the estimates with the peppers and onions. I will weigh everything tonight as I'll be eating steak + peppers and onions again. I've got about five carbs left for today.

    With that being said, I think we can agree there's no way I exceeded 30 carbs yesterday. So, what could have caused that stick to lighten up like that? Only thing I can think of is I ate too many pistachios in too short a period of time. That + the peppers w/ the chicken is 12.5 carbs all at once + the string cheese. Plausible?

  8. #28
    Resident Fist Pumper Blade's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    NJ 201
    Age
    29
    Posts
    13,886
    Points
    3,068 (12,878,082 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elastic View Post
    For lunch, my wife prepped it for me. She's swearing it's three. I'll double check things tonight myself by weighing it before I cook it.

    That dinner, I had 3 medium asparagus chopped up. My wife probably roughed the estimates with the peppers and onions. I will weigh everything tonight as I'll be eating steak + peppers and onions again. I've got about five carbs left for today.

    With that being said, I think we can agree there's no way I exceeded 30 carbs yesterday. So, what could have caused that stick to lighten up like that? Only thing I can think of is I ate too many pistachios in too short a period of time. That + the peppers w/ the chicken is 12.5 carbs all at once + the string cheese. Plausible?
    It's possible. I wouldn't rule that out that possibility. Maybe space them out a bit more? And yeah, I agree you were under 30g.

    Give it another day or two and see if the color changes at all. Sometimes it takes some time for your body to produce enough ketones to make a big difference.

    I don't know if you go on reddit a lot, but if you don't, create an account and post over on www.reddit.com/r/keto There are a lot more people over there smarter than us in this subject. They might be able to pinpoint what's going on and give you more insight.
    Last edited by Blade; 8/20/2014 at 4:09 pm.

  9. #29
    havingaseriouslylooseanus
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,790
    Points
    5,177 (411,617 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    It's possible. I wouldn't rule that out that possibility. Maybe space them out a bit more? And yeah, I agree you were under 30g.

    Give it another day or two and see if the color changes at all. Sometimes it takes some time for your body to produce enough ketones to make a big difference.

    I don't know if you go on reddit a lot, but if you don't, create an account and post over on www.reddit.com/r/keto There are a lot more people over there smarter than us in this subject. They might be able to pinpoint what's going on and give you more insight.
    I don't reddit but I will definitely scope it out, thanks. It got a lot darker today, like a little darker than moderate. I know your level of hydration can throw off the accuracy of those sticks (more hydrated = ketones more spread out = less reading). I drink maybe a gallon of water a day, give or take a pint or two.

  10. #30
    Resident Fist Pumper Blade's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    NJ 201
    Age
    29
    Posts
    13,886
    Points
    3,068 (12,878,082 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elastic View Post
    I don't reddit but I will definitely scope it out, thanks. It got a lot darker today, like a little darker than moderate. I know your level of hydration can throw off the accuracy of those sticks (more hydrated = ketones more spread out = less reading). I drink maybe a gallon of water a day, give or take a pint or two.
    Yeah.. stay hydrated. A gallon is good. The last thing you want are kidney stones and shit to develop.

  11. #31
    Bad-ass Member evotion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    LA 310
    Age
    29
    Posts
    790
    Points
    373 (2,922 Banked)
    When I was on ketosis, that was considered my HARDCORE body reset stage. I rarely had more than 3g of carbs a day and that's unavoidable carbs. I miss the feeling of brain fog.

    Like @Blade said, don't even worry about the calories. I believe you should be eating a 1-1.5grams x your target body weight.

    I lost 30 pounds in 3 months and I never feel as tired as I used to (and I was much younger and fatter). I don't know if you're working out, but that's going to speed up the process quite a bit.
    http://forums.entensity.net/signaturepics/sigpic18811_1.gif
    1235 lbs.

  12. #32
    havingaseriouslylooseanus
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,790
    Points
    5,177 (411,617 Banked)
    @Blade

    btw, fiber doesn't count towards net carbs, so each asparagus only has .3

    Forgot to mention that earlier.

  13. #33
    Resident Fist Pumper Blade's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    NJ 201
    Age
    29
    Posts
    13,886
    Points
    3,068 (12,878,082 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elastic View Post
    @Blade

    btw, fiber doesn't count towards net carbs, so each asparagus only has .3

    Forgot to mention that earlier.
    Yup, I know about the fiber. Didn't know about the asparagus though, so that's good.

  14. #34
    havingaseriouslylooseanus
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,790
    Points
    5,177 (411,617 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    Yup, I know about the fiber. Didn't know about the asparagus though, so that's good.
    I'm giving this two weeks. If I don't feel happy with what I see on the scale, going to straight up eat steak and beef for breakfast lunch and dinner, gonna try to keep carbs as close to 0 as possible.

  15. #35
    Resident Fist Pumper Blade's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    NJ 201
    Age
    29
    Posts
    13,886
    Points
    3,068 (12,878,082 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elastic View Post
    I'm giving this two weeks. If I don't feel happy with what I see on the scale, going to straight up eat steak and beef for breakfast lunch and dinner, gonna try to keep carbs as close to 0 as possible.
    I've done full meat diets before.. it gets boring as fuck real quick so make sure you have some sweet dry rubs to keep things interesting.

  16. #36
    havingaseriouslylooseanus
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,790
    Points
    5,177 (411,617 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    I've done full meat diets before.. it gets boring as fuck real quick so make sure you have some sweet dry rubs to keep things interesting.
    How'd that work out for you and how long did you do it?

  17. #37
    Resident Fist Pumper Blade's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    NJ 201
    Age
    29
    Posts
    13,886
    Points
    3,068 (12,878,082 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elastic View Post
    How'd that work out for you and how long did you do it?
    About a month or so.. it was based off of the Dukan Diet. I saw some decent results a few years ago when I did it, dropped about 10 pounds or so.. but with work and everything now it's just not practical for me to do it right now.

  18. #38
    havingaseriouslylooseanus
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,790
    Points
    5,177 (411,617 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    About a month or so.. it was based off of the Dukan Diet. I saw some decent results a few years ago when I did it, dropped about 10 pounds or so.. but with work and everything now it's just not practical for me to do it right now.
    Nice. Why not practical?

    Also clothes are already feeling looser, wife says gut looks slightly smaller already. Scale? Same tonnage lol

  19. #39
    Resident Fist Pumper Blade's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    NJ 201
    Age
    29
    Posts
    13,886
    Points
    3,068 (12,878,082 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elastic View Post
    Nice. Why not practical?

    Also clothes are already feeling looser, wife says gut looks slightly smaller already. Scale? Same tonnage lol
    Ehh.. just tough to prepare all the meat and divide it up. Replace the word practical with "I'm a lazy fuck nowadays" and it'll make more sense, lol.

  20. #40
    havingaseriouslylooseanus
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,790
    Points
    5,177 (411,617 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    Ehh.. just tough to prepare all the meat and divide it up. Replace the word practical with "I'm a lazy fuck nowadays" and it'll make more sense, lol.

    Lol. BTW can you recommend some good seasonings/rubs?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •