User Tag List

Thread: Fuck windows 8.1

Had a laptop for just one week. Gets stuck on shut down updating. Nothing over night. Turns off and now I can't even boot to my login screen without error code screen. Phone support said to buy a recovery disc but it doesn't even have a dvd drive lol. I'm guessing that interrupted update fucked up my partition.

Thank god for 14 day returns.

Great first time with windows 8. God forbid this happens with the next one. Too bad no more preinstalled w7 laptops are sold anymore. At least not the laptop I was looking for.
    Last edited by ToTaLwArRiOr; 9/14/2014 at 9:51 pm.

how did you interrupt your update? derp
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerWoods2 View Post
    Sorry man, I only have two modes... rape or post about idiots.

It was literally one update I left on overnight.

And then what? it just kindanever finished?

So you forced a shutdown and now its fuckeD?
    Relationships are ropes that bind. Love is a noose.

Add ME on steam.

"when man say "no can lift that" you look at that man and say "i can lift that" and then lift that and then the man say that wuz gud and you say i know

you can get judge by ppl but you can will know ppl judge no rly matter" -A random dude's sig from a bodybuild forum.

Pretty much had to. Had the same issue the same day i got it and tech support guided me to force shutdown and do some boot configuration shit. Tried it the second time and that's when it got fucked. Error was about booting and i think a damaged partition. Just took it in for an exchange. Probably a good idea to have an ethernet cable handy for future updating. I don't like windows 8 regardless. But hey it's good enough for when i need it in class and if i ever want to game on the go

What model? Did you get the same one?

Add ME on steam.

"when man say "no can lift that" you look at that man and say "i can lift that" and then lift that and then the man say that wuz gud and you say i know

you can get judge by ppl but you can will know ppl judge no rly matter" -A random dude's sig from a bodybuild forum.

Acer Aspire V7 482PG-5861. And yes.

For those interested - http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0%2c28....asp?tab=Specs

Seems pretty legit for the price. What games do you play and how does it handle them? I've been in the market for a gaming laptop for some time now which is why I ask.

Add ME on steam.

@Durzo

I was looking for a different V7 482PG model (one of the ones on their site) and I didn't want to drive everywhere to hunt for it so i just got this one because the specs were close enough. The only difference was that the one I have is i believe 1 tb of space with an i5 instead of around 500gb with an i7. I did research on the i5 and i7 models that come with it and you probably won't notice any difference for an extra hundred bucks or so unless you really want the extra space.

So far I've played dota 2 and cs:go. Both ran good but I'll look more at the video settings side when i get home. Dota 2 got a bit laggy in team fights, i like to think because i was using my internet wirelessly. I doubt it's a hardware thing since cs:go ran just fine. The laptop keys got a bit warm during csgo but not to the point that it bothered me

I think it's on sale until the 18th via bestbuy.ca $200 off i think. Don't think they'd price match my exchange as i believe they don't do it for limited quantities

If you're a graphics whore who wants an all out gaming laptop, this might not be it. I just needed something small and skinny for school and gaming. Not looking to play bf4 on high settings obviously

Edit: also doesn't come with a dvd drive.
    Last edited by ToTaLwArRiOr; 9/15/2014 at 4:22 pm.

Who needs a dvd drive any more? All i need is a gigantic hdd or ssd and we're good to go. I just played with a few tablets with windows 8. Holy shit that OS is terrible.

Add ME on steam.

Entense Supporter
    I've had to downgrade at least 3 or 4 laptops to windows 7 because of how shitty W8 is. My dads laptop didn't even have a touch screen, what was the point?

Entense Supporter
    Just got my mom a new laptop and it has 8.1 and I fucking despise the tiles. She seems OK with them but when I am using it I keep it on the traditional desktop. It feels pretty much like 7 and I like it that way. Why couldn't they keep it the same?

Quote Originally Posted by HipHoptimus View Post
    Hold on can't hear you, kicking this bee's nest.
    hilux.LA

It's good for just plain tablets but I feel like laptops it sucks balls. I had a hard ass time getting into network settings to see my uncles wifi password because "sometimes" the menu says one thing and sometimes it says another. Fuck 8.1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Add ME on steam.

Can't put a simple password on my laptop without needing a microsoft account for some stupid profile shit. Then they want me to sync my email with my skype username, wanting me to login using my email info rather than my skype account in order to even use the fucking "app".

The Texas Rattle Snake decline20's Avatar
    my laptop has been pretty solid with 8.1

it fucked up one time but it fixed itself. Havnt had too many issues with it. other than IMO its ugly as fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistadob View Post
    PRETTY BITCH LIST (EF EDITION)
    [✓] - Decline20