User Tag List

Thread: Roberts Space Industries- Star Citizen-(ALPHA)

Entense Supporter

Roberts Space Industries- Star Citizen-(ALPHA)

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/

Its pretty awesome and has some lofty goal to get where its going. Its worth taking a look if you liked wing commander and want something way more involved than eve. Right now there are some pay to win mechanics which they're not sure if they'll be availble when the game offically goes live. Pretty much completely crowd-funded to the guy that made the wing commander series. I've been playing a little bit of it and like where its all going. Looks great and the flying feels pretty smooth and legit. Should watch it, if not pledge and get a ship and start flying around.

Im excited. I pledged for an Aurora LN a couple weeks ago, and I'm really looking forward to seeing where the game manages to go.

Elite Member
    Got 2 Aurora's one for me and one for my wife.

Loving this game pledged more than a year ago or so. The prospects for how awesome it can be are endless. Just the amount of immersion they are adding is astounding. I check updates weekly.

Entense Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jameshobbs View Post
    Got 2 Aurora's one for me and one for my wife.

Loving this game pledged more than a year ago or so. The prospects for how awesome it can be are endless. Just the amount of immersion they are adding is astounding. I check updates weekly.
    This. My brothers and I all have ships. I have the hornet tracker, brothers have the avenger, hornet shadow and one more I can't think of right now. It's a long time off but a lot is about to be shown with all the game expo's coming up. Can't wait for all the reveals.

I can't fucking wait until this comes out. It's the most heavily publicly funded game to exist... I think over 24 mil has been pledged
    Relationships are ropes that bind. Love is a noose.

Add ME on steam.

"when man say "no can lift that" you look at that man and say "i can lift that" and then lift that and then the man say that wuz gud and you say i know

you can get judge by ppl but you can will know ppl judge no rly matter" -A random dude's sig from a bodybuild forum.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzo View Post
    I can't fucking wait until this comes out. It's the most heavily publicly funded game to exist... I think over 24 mil has been pledged
    74 Mil closing in on 75 mil

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

I love the interaction between the devs and the community. I have never been this close to the early stages of development of any game. Truly is revolutionizing how games may be made in the future.

Just grabbed the game, went with the aurora... High settings default - 6fps lol. Had to turn down resolution to 720p and settings to low.

I Entered the hangar, took a nap in my little space pod ship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Add ME on steam.

"when man say "no can lift that" you look at that man and say "i can lift that" and then lift that and then the man say that wuz gud and you say i know

you can get judge by ppl but you can will know ppl judge no rly matter" -A random dude's sig from a bodybuild forum.

Elite Member
    New damage state engine, freaking amazing.

Entense Supporter
    This game looks cool, but I don't want to pay that much, whats the deal haha

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodginsa View Post
    This game looks cool, but I don't want to pay that much, whats the deal haha
    Only have to pay $30 to get the full game. You can earn every ship in the game and make ur way up from the bottom.

Entense Supporter
    Only have to pay $30 to get the full game. You can earn every ship in the game and make ur way up from the bottom.
    Yet. Yet is the key word. You can pay 30 and look at the bay, your ship, and get dominated in the arena commander, but shit is still super far from being done. It looks like its making leaps and bounds at the moment.

Elite Member
    I've made it pretty far in vanduul swarm using my aurora. I plan on mainly sticking around the populated systems with my pvp slider down low until i can get a decent ship to explore the outreaches. From what I understand if u stay close to the sol system with ur pvp slider way down, then u wont get pvp'd, but as soon as u start going to the more dangerous, but profitable places then ur pvp slider doesn't do shit.

Also I dont mind working my way up from the bottom.

Jesus what? I didn't even know you could do all that....

Add ME on steam.

Entense Supporter
    I've made it pretty far in vanduul swarm using my aurora. I plan on mainly sticking around the populated systems with my pvp slider down low until i can get a decent ship to explore the outreaches. From what I understand if u stay close to the sol system with ur pvp slider way down, then u wont get pvp'd, but as soon as u start going to the more dangerous, but profitable places then ur pvp slider doesn't do shit.

Also I dont mind working my way up from the bottom.
    wat? did they implement something i wasnt aware of?

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzo View Post
    Jesus what? I didn't even know you could do all that....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kicker21 View Post
    wat? did they implement something i wasnt aware of?
    I was mainly talking about when the persistent universe comes out. But in arena commander I have been having a lot of fun with my aurora.

I've been following this game for awhile now. I will find some reading material about the pvp slider:

~ 15:40 for when he starting talking about how star citizen works

That was the best I could find about multiplayer. Very early video, and tons of discussion on the rsi forums, but I have heard about it a bit through the various RSI youtube content.

Another thing I'm super psyched about is how the economy will work: