User Tag List

Thread: High Quality Speakers

High Quality Speakers

@FuckThisShit

Hello, resident audio engineer. I know you posted a thread not too long ago about getting the job of your dreams working for a speaker company or something other. Do you have any recommendations for me to build a better than average set of speakers. I'd like to spend <$400 if possible. Any help would be great! I'm confused about amps, crossovers, etc etc
    Relationships are ropes that bind. Love is a noose.

Add ME on steam.

"when man say "no can lift that" you look at that man and say "i can lift that" and then lift that and then the man say that wuz gud and you say i know

you can get judge by ppl but you can will know ppl judge no rly matter" -A random dude's sig from a bodybuild forum.

Ya that job fell thru unfortunately but I'm working with another sound company now that's also pretty huge (skrillex & excision tour with their rigs)

I'm not sure what you are wanting to use the speakers for. Home listening? Music production? Gaming? Movies? That will kinda determine the route you need to go. I don't have too much to recommend in home theatre stuff. I haven't bought myself a home theatre system yet to research which brands are good for what.

If it's for music production, you're not going to find much for less than $400. That's like entry level pricing & the sound would be pretty meh. You'll also probably need a subwoofer. You don't need surround sound for music production, stereo is fine.

However for gaming/movies I'd suggest 5.1 surround. You can go for 7.1, but you're gonna pay more for quality & receiver/amp. You can also get away with a sound bar & subwoofer combo to save on costs, but you get what you pay for in the audio world

lemme hijack this real quick. any decent computer speakers for under $200? I've got logitech z-560's I paid $130 for, in 2002.. but the "control pod" is dying.. debating on buying a new pod on ebay for $75, or getting new speakers.. but it looks like nothing will compare in that price range.

I'm willing to build my own speakers... I want to use them for music production.
    Relationships are ropes that bind. Love is a noose.

Add ME on steam.

"when man say "no can lift that" you look at that man and say "i can lift that" and then lift that and then the man say that wuz gud and you say i know

you can get judge by ppl but you can will know ppl judge no rly matter" -A random dude's sig from a bodybuild forum.

Oh build your own? I have no idea where you would even start with that. You'd have to source out individual components, have them all be compatible. Deal with power, excursion & heat, plus physics of air displacement. I'm sure you could buy a "kit" but that's not entirely the same.

its not really like car audio where you can easily get individual components that work