User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 96

Thread: Ted Cruz Compares Himself to Galileo, Calls Those Who Believe In Climate Change 'Flat-Earthers' | Th

  1. #21
    Engorged Member H.I. McDunnough's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,845
    Points
    4,285 (2,425,347 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by kid a View Post
    By their employers
    Well why don't they just get new employers then?

  2. #22
    Engorged Member H.I. McDunnough's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,845
    Points
    4,285 (2,425,347 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquamulose View Post
    Corporate greed, a political system fueled largely by that same corporate greed, brainwashed morons that don't recognize trickle down economics as the massive scam that it is, a right wing party moving further and further from center, the list can go for quite a while.

    But yes, the scam that is 'trickle down economics' and the corporate greed that increased and grew more powerful through it, is a huge part of it.
    I was with you whole hog until you forgot the left wing party moving further and further from center. You realize all the shit you mention is the doing, in equal measure, of both parties, right?? Don't be a partisan hack

  3. #23
    MoatsEBTcard Esquamulose's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    SF...ish
    Posts
    44,859
    Points
    27,820 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by H.I. McDunnough View Post
    you forgot the left wing party moving further and further from center.
    Not even CLOSE to at the same rate, and largely in areas such as social issues--marriage equality, drug reform, etc.

    The Obama administration, despite what the GOP has cried and continues to cry, is extremely centrist.

    There are far more moderate liberals than there are moderate conservatives.

    And sure, I'll bite on your "equal measure of both parties" comment. Regardless of who you want to try (Who killed and is continuing to kill unions?) and blame for putting the current system in place, it's quite clear who wants to actually fix it, and who wants to take it even further in the wrong direction. I mean fucking christ, do people forget who shut down the government because they didn't get their way? Now look who's running for the GOP nominee--the same whack job that led that.

  4. #24
    Engorged Member H.I. McDunnough's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,845
    Points
    4,285 (2,425,347 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquamulose View Post
    Not even CLOSE to at the same rate, and largely in areas such as social issues--marriage equality, drug reform, etc.

    The Obama administration, despite what the GOP has cried and continues to cry, is extremely centrist.

    There are far more moderate liberals than there are moderate conservatives.

    And sure, I'll bite on your "equal measure of both parties" comment. Regardless of who you want to try (Who killed and is continuing to kill unions?) and blame for putting the current system in place, it's quite clear who wants to actually fix it, and who wants to take it even further in the wrong direction. I mean fucking christ, do people forget who shut down the government because they didn't get their way? Now look who's running for the GOP nominee--the same whack job that led that.
    Its funny you blame the GOP for shutting down the govt and at the same time credit Obama for decreased spending.... Because of sequester.

    I'll get to the rest of this tomorrow. On fone till then

  5. #25
    Posting Slut kid a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    salt lake city
    Age
    33
    Posts
    406
    Points
    191 (7,416 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by H.I. McDunnough View Post
    Well why don't they just get new employers then?
    A lot of the time, entire industries are fucking their employees. Minimum wage is only 7.25/hr, for chrissakes

  6. #26
    MoatsEBTcard Esquamulose's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    SF...ish
    Posts
    44,859
    Points
    27,820 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by H.I. McDunnough View Post
    Its funny you blame the GOP for shutting down the govt
    Who the fuck are you honestly going to blame for that dogshit?

    Jesus christ you're so fucking ridiculous sometimes.

    Don't even respond dude, I'm not going to read it.

  7. #27
    MoatsEBTcard Esquamulose's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    SF...ish
    Posts
    44,859
    Points
    27,820 (0 Banked)
    Between that and the "Why don't you just get a new job then?" comment, don't bother.

  8. #28
    Posting Slut kid a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    salt lake city
    Age
    33
    Posts
    406
    Points
    191 (7,416 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by H.I. McDunnough View Post
    Its funny you blame the GOP for shutting down the govt and at the same time credit Obama for decreased spending.... Because of sequester.

    I'll get to the rest of this tomorrow. On fone till then
    But the GOP literally shut down the government because they didn't get their way....

  9. #29
    Engorged Member H.I. McDunnough's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,845
    Points
    4,285 (2,425,347 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by kid a View Post
    But the GOP literally shut down the government because they didn't get their way....
    Then why are you trying to give credit to Obama for decreased spending which is significantly the result of the shutdown and sequester? Just seems... Hypocritical

  10. #30
    Posting Slut kid a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    salt lake city
    Age
    33
    Posts
    406
    Points
    191 (7,416 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by H.I. McDunnough View Post
    Then why are you trying to give credit to Obama for decreased spending which is significantly the result of the shutdown and sequester? Just seems... Hypocritical
    I'm not. I'm just putting the blame where it belongs for the government shutdowns. They always try to blame that shit on Obama.

  11. #31
    Engorged Member H.I. McDunnough's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,845
    Points
    4,285 (2,425,347 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by kid a View Post
    A lot of the time, entire industries are fucking their employees. Minimum wage is only 7.25/hr, for chrissakes
    Like what industries though. And you didnt answer my question. It isn't like you are locked into a job. My point is that for all the woe is me bullshit there's zero individual accountability. Few people understand the difference between needs and wants and people like you and jaye seem to think the Dems have a monopoly on poor people. News flash, they don't.


    I mean, I agree the min wage needs adjustment. I just think much of the rhetoric and argument for it is bullshit.

  12. #32
    Engorged Member H.I. McDunnough's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,845
    Points
    4,285 (2,425,347 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by kid a View Post
    I'm not. I'm just putting the blame where it belongs for the government shutdowns. They always try to blame that shit on Obama.
    Well I agree the R's bare more of the blame for the shutdown. Just dont understand why the D's want to take credit for a positive outcome of it is all

  13. #33
    Posting Slut kid a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    salt lake city
    Age
    33
    Posts
    406
    Points
    191 (7,416 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by H.I. McDunnough View Post
    Like what industries though. And you didnt answer my question. It isn't like you are locked into a job. My point is that for all the woe is me bullshit there's zero individual accountability. Few people understand the difference between needs and wants and people like you and jaye seem to think the Dems have a monopoly on poor people. News flash, they don't.


    I mean, I agree the min wage needs adjustment. I just think much of the rhetoric and argument for it is bullshit.
    Retail and fast food mostly. Most of the jobs someone who works for minimum wage are qualified for also pay minimum wage. So quitting would be useless.

  14. #34
    Posting Slut kid a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    salt lake city
    Age
    33
    Posts
    406
    Points
    191 (7,416 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by H.I. McDunnough View Post
    Like what industries though. And you didnt answer my question. It isn't like you are locked into a job. My point is that for all the woe is me bullshit there's zero individual accountability. Few people understand the difference between needs and wants and people like you and jaye seem to think the Dems have a monopoly on poor people. News flash, they don't.


    I mean, I agree the min wage needs adjustment. I just think much of the rhetoric and argument for it is bullshit.
    Also, at least progressive democrats are trying to make things better for the poor, unlike conservatives who keep giving tax cuts to the rich, thus making wage disparity worse.

  15. #35
    Engorged Member H.I. McDunnough's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,845
    Points
    4,285 (2,425,347 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by kid a View Post
    Retail and fast food mostly. Most of the jobs someone who works for minimum wage are qualified for also pay minimum wage. So quitting would be useless.
    Ok, sure. Have you done any reading on how minimum wage actually reinforces the woes of those folks and how raising it will actually work against them? It is a fallacy to think changing the minimum wage will bring someone out of poverty. That isn't how economics works.

  16. #36
    Engorged Member H.I. McDunnough's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,845
    Points
    4,285 (2,425,347 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by kid a View Post
    Also, at least progressive democrats are trying to make things better for the poor, unlike conservatives who keep giving tax cuts to the rich, thus making wage disparity worse.
    How are progressives trying to make things better for poor people exactly? They may tell you the things they want to do will help the poor, but is there any evidence it will?

    ^thats a leading question btw. I already know the answer, and it is no

  17. #37
    Posting Slut kid a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    salt lake city
    Age
    33
    Posts
    406
    Points
    191 (7,416 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by H.I. McDunnough View Post
    Ok, sure. Have you done any reading on how minimum wage actually reinforces the woes of those folks and how raising it will actually work against them? It is a fallacy to think changing the minimum wage will bring someone out of poverty. That isn't how economics works.
    I have researched it actually. If you pay people more money, they'll have extra money left over after paying their bills that they can spend on goods and services, thus stimulating the economy. Then the companies will make more money, thus affording to hire more people, etc.

  18. #38
    Engorged Member H.I. McDunnough's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,845
    Points
    4,285 (2,425,347 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by kid a View Post
    I have researched it actually. If you pay people more money, they'll have extra money left over after paying their bills that they can spend on goods and services, thus stimulating the economy. Then the companies will make more money, thus affording to hire more people, etc.
    Oh. So how does this research explain the lack of inflation in their hypothesis?

  19. #39
    Posting Slut kid a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    salt lake city
    Age
    33
    Posts
    406
    Points
    191 (7,416 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by H.I. McDunnough View Post
    How are progressives trying to make things better for poor people exactly? They may tell you the things they want to do will help the poor, but is there any evidence it will?

    ^thats a leading question btw. I already know the answer, and it is no
    They're pushing for increase in minimum wage and closing tax loopholes. Better than conservatives are doing.

  20. #40
    Engorged Member H.I. McDunnough's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,845
    Points
    4,285 (2,425,347 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by kid a View Post
    They're pushing for increase in minimum wage and closing tax loopholes. Better than conservatives are doing.
    Not better just different. Stay tined I'll provide some links to actual evidence to the contrary (re your post above about all that extra cash people will have) when I'm back at a computer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •