User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 96 of 96

Thread: Ted Cruz Compares Himself to Galileo, Calls Those Who Believe In Climate Change 'Flat-Earthers' | Th

  1. #81
    Engorged Member H.I. McDunnough's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,844
    Points
    4,284 (2,281,892 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by kid a View Post
    I didn't question them, just the study from the Cato institute and reason.Com.
    ok, one more time from the top CATO AND REASON DID NOT DO THE STUDY, THEY JUST PUBLISHED AN ARTICLE COMMENTING ON THE RESULTS

    FWIW I at least clicked and read your links, suprised you couldn't do the same for mine
    Quote Originally Posted by gannon View Post
    Cumfarts are
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagga Viagra View Post
    Never trust a nut.

  2. #82
    Engorged Member H.I. McDunnough's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,844
    Points
    4,284 (2,281,892 Banked)
    Look man, I feel like your main issue is there are rich people in this world and you aren't one of them. stop being a shill for a political party and start thinkingfor yourself. Even when you're wrong, at least you're wrong with your own best interests in mind, which is more than can be said for being wrong shilling for D's or R's


    EDIT: also realize that now more than ever do you have opportunity to change your economic circumstance. So sure one group has never been more rich than the other before. but it's also never been easier to go from one group to the other before. Opportunity to improve our circumstance seems way more important than if a rich person got even richer, IMHO
    Last edited by H.I. McDunnough; 4/08/2015 at 4:52 pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by gannon View Post
    Cumfarts are
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagga Viagra View Post
    Never trust a nut.

  3. #83
    Posting Slut kid a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    salt lake city
    Age
    33
    Posts
    406
    Points
    191 (6,977 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by H.I. McDunnough View Post
    ok, one more time from the top CATO AND REASON DID NOT DO THE STUDY, THEY JUST PUBLISHED AN ARTICLE COMMENTING ON THE RESULTS

    FWIW I at least clicked and read your links, suprised you couldn't do the same for mine
    For the NBER study, the link didn't let me see the actual study. Just a place where I could pay to download it....

  4. #84
    Posting Slut kid a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    salt lake city
    Age
    33
    Posts
    406
    Points
    191 (6,977 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by H.I. McDunnough View Post
    Look man, I feel like your main issue is there are rich people in this world and you aren't one of them. stop being a shill for a political party and start thinkingfor yourself. Even when you're wrong, at least you're wrong with your own best interests in mind, which is more than can be said for being wrong shilling for D's or R's


    EDIT: also realize that now more than ever do you have opportunity to change your economic circumstance. So sure one group has never been more rich than the other before. but it's also never been easier to go from one group to the other before. Opportunity to improve our circumstance seems way more important than if a rich person got even richer, IMHO
    My main issue is that CEOs can get raises and it's all good, but the moment anyone talks about raising the minimum wage, all the rich cry inflation. It's just not true. I cited pew research and the department of labor as well. No bias there. Just facts.

  5. #85
    Engorged Member H.I. McDunnough's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,844
    Points
    4,284 (2,281,892 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by kid a View Post
    My main issue is that CEOs can get raises and it's all good, but the moment anyone talks about raising the minimum wage, all the rich cry inflation. It's just not true. I cited pew research and the department of labor as well. No bias there. Just facts.
    I agree that it is hypocritical to "cry inflation" for adjustments to min wage that are inflationary based. I think a company should be able to pay it's CEO's whatever it wants and that has no bearing on their obligation to support paying their workers a liveable wage.

    Also, the thing I found MOST telling in this whole debate as it has unfolded, is when the socialist group in Seattle that pushed for the $15/hr min wage advertised jobs for web design offering the state minimum wage as compensation. It's weird how words are free, and it can sometimes be difficult for us to "put our money where our mouth is". I guess even ideologues are hypocritical too
    Quote Originally Posted by gannon View Post
    Cumfarts are
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagga Viagra View Post
    Never trust a nut.

  6. #86
    Engorged Member H.I. McDunnough's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,844
    Points
    4,284 (2,281,892 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by kid a View Post
    For the NBER study, the link didn't let me see the actual study. Just a place where I could pay to download it....
    oh shit, I bought it - forgot it costs $5. if you have a .edu email you can get it free though
    Quote Originally Posted by gannon View Post
    Cumfarts are
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagga Viagra View Post
    Never trust a nut.

  7. #87
    Posting Slut kid a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    salt lake city
    Age
    33
    Posts
    406
    Points
    191 (6,977 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by H.I. McDunnough View Post
    oh shit, I bought it - forgot it costs $5. if you have a .edu email you can get it free though
    I think it's deactivated

  8. #88
    Posting Slut kid a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    salt lake city
    Age
    33
    Posts
    406
    Points
    191 (6,977 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by H.I. McDunnough View Post
    I agree that it is hypocritical to "cry inflation" for adjustments to min wage that are inflationary based. I think a company should be able to pay it's CEO's whatever it wants and that has no bearing on their obligation to support paying their workers a liveable wage.

    Also, the thing I found MOST telling in this whole debate as it has unfolded, is when the socialist group in Seattle that pushed for the $15/hr min wage advertised jobs for web design offering the state minimum wage as compensation. It's weird how words are free, and it can sometimes be difficult for us to "put our money where our mouth is". I guess even ideologues are hypocritical too
    I agree. Companies should be able to pay their CEOs whatever they want. But since they obviously aren't going to pay their lowest skilled workers enough to survive, the government has to step in. Saying that wouldn't help the economy is ignoring the facts.

  9. #89
    Engorged Member H.I. McDunnough's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,844
    Points
    4,284 (2,281,892 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by kid a View Post
    I think it's deactivated
    FWIW I found the methods to be pretty thorough and controlled for a lot of variables that are typically ignored when "index figures" are used. the gist is that unemployment rates increased and some level of inflation was detected each time min wage is adjusted, which resulted in a net decrease in "buying power" (for lack of a better term) for those earners. It actually made their circumstances worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by gannon View Post
    Cumfarts are
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagga Viagra View Post
    Never trust a nut.

  10. #90
    Engorged Member H.I. McDunnough's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,844
    Points
    4,284 (2,281,892 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by kid a View Post
    I agree. Companies should be able to pay their CEOs whatever they want. But since they obviously aren't going to pay their lowest skilled workers enough to survive, the government has to step in. Saying that wouldn't help the economy is ignoring the facts.
    it won't help the economy. At best it will help those earners maintain their already tenuous financial footing. Which is reason enough to adjust it, since we can't get rid of it without doing more harm to those people.
    Quote Originally Posted by gannon View Post
    Cumfarts are
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagga Viagra View Post
    Never trust a nut.

  11. #91
    Posting Slut kid a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    salt lake city
    Age
    33
    Posts
    406
    Points
    191 (6,977 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by H.I. McDunnough View Post
    it won't help the economy. At best it will help those earners maintain their already tenuous financial footing. Which is reason enough to adjust it, since we can't get rid of it without doing more harm to those people.
    It stimulates the economy in the same way tax rebates do. People have more money to spend on goods and services after paying essential bills. Did you read the shit I posted from pew research and the department of labor?

  12. #92
    Engorged Member H.I. McDunnough's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,844
    Points
    4,284 (2,281,892 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by kid a View Post
    It stimulates the economy in the same way tax rebates do. People have more money to spend on goods and services after paying essential bills. Did you read the shit I posted from pew research and the department of labor?
    Did the Bush era tax rebates stimulate the economy? This is the exact same argument, like verbatim, and another example where theory and practice to not automatically converge

  13. #93
    Posting Slut kid a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    salt lake city
    Age
    33
    Posts
    406
    Points
    191 (6,977 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by H.I. McDunnough View Post
    Did the Bush era tax rebates stimulate the economy? This is the exact same argument, like verbatim, and another example where theory and practice to not automatically converge
    That was the justification

  14. #94
    Engorged Member H.I. McDunnough's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,844
    Points
    4,284 (2,281,892 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by kid a View Post
    That was the justification
    Not what I asked

  15. #95
    Posting Slut kid a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    salt lake city
    Age
    33
    Posts
    406
    Points
    191 (6,977 Banked)
    That seems to be the consensus, yes. I was only in high school at the time and not politically involved or informed back then, so I dunno for a fact....

  16. #96
    Not a New Bitch
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    59
    Points
    59 (0 Banked)
    He might not be that wong ya know
    James Br
    [IMG]http://imageshack.website/d/Akwpa-Skj2.jpg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •