User Tag List

Thread: [REAL ADULTS ONLY] Medical Billing Questions

Daily Dose of Vitamin Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Shitrus's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    In a sewer with my hamster pal, but the sanitation workers really didn't approve so i packed my accordian and had to move to a city in ohio where i lived in a tree and i worked in a nasal decongestant factory and i play on the company bowling team

[REAL ADULTS ONLY] Medical Billing Questions

So my wife had her gallbladder taken out. No big deal. We met our deductible and then subsequently reached the out of pocket maximum for the year (3k deductible, 2k OOP max on 10% of billed services).

Got a bill yesterday for $1155 for radiology and pathology and it doesn't show up on our claims on Anthem.com

I'm going to call Anthem about this directly first, as they aren't the ones trying to collect (they aren't open until Monday unfortunately).

The bill shows an "insurance" payment/adjustment of $0.

I feel like they just didn't bill our insurance, or didn't do it on time and are just trying to recoup the loss from me and my wife because the insurance company was like "too bad so sad."

Only reason I caught it was because I cross-reference every bill I get with the EOB from Anthem on the claims site just to make sure something like this doesn't happen, like they don't bill my insurance and then all the sudden I'm paying more that what I'm supposed to.

Anyone else ever have an issue like this?
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby View Post
    in after worthless attempt to refute shitrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    lolllll my man said condoms
    Quote Originally Posted by Nok View Post
    listen to citrus, nigga knows his shit

Entense Supporter
    Happens all the time. Get with the hospital billing dept and make sure they have the insurance info. If they claim that they did submit it, then talk to insurance.

There was a dream that was "The Store". You could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish, it was so fragile.

Daily Dose of Vitamin Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Shitrus's Avatar
    Entense Supporter
    In a sewer with my hamster pal, but the sanitation workers really didn't approve so i packed my accordian and had to move to a city in ohio where i lived in a tree and i worked in a nasal decongestant factory and i play on the company bowling team
    haha yeah i forgot to update this.

the hospital fucked up submitting the group ID for our insurance, so it just got rejected.

had another one pop up for dermatologist that my daughter went to. In network doctor, only everything got denied. They are looking into it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby View Post
    in after worthless attempt to refute shitrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    lolllll my man said condoms
    Quote Originally Posted by Nok View Post
    listen to citrus, nigga knows his shit